Matricom G-Box is known as the only device that is completely compatible with Kodi and it offers a trule versatile experience with the popular media software. Matricom features all the necessary features and codecs for setting up Kodi. The latest version of the G-Box Q2 features a recent version of Kodi, which is known for its stability. You also have the option of updating to the newest version of the software known as “Krypton” (Kodi 17.1). Within only a few steps, your G-Box will be ready to stream your favorite content using Kodi. The first thing that you need to do is to go to your Android Settings and ensure that you enable installation from “Unknown sources”. Then you can follow the below steps:
- Open your browser and go to https://kodi.tv/
- Go to Downloads and select the Android version of the setup (ARM file).
- After it is downloaded, go to AppInstaller. The setup will run from here.
- Allow a few minutes for the installation to be completed and then follow the instructions. Just as you would with any other Android app.
- When you open the app for the first time, you will see that there is something different about the screen. However, the configuration will be finished and the most popular add-ons will be included.
You can also include additional sources, the process is very similar across any other platform or operating system.
- Just of to File manager and select Add source. A popup window will open and you will have to enter the new source.
- Click on and enter the following URL: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag then click Done.
- The next step is to name the source you entered. Type fusion and then click Done.
- Go to File manager once more and you will see that Fusion has been added.
The next thing that you need to do is to select the add-ons that you want. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and then Add-ons, which is on the left-side of the panel. A new window that says “First run help…” will be oepned and you can click OK to continue.
- Select Install from zip file in the Add-ons area and the select Fusion.
- Select the start-here folder to enable the option to choose Config Wizard or Add-on Installer to configure your Kodi.
- Install the add-ons you want by clicking on xbmc-repos, where you will find the best Kodi repositories.
How to install Config Wizard
- Go to the Settings tab and select the Add-ons
- Select Install from zip file and then choose Fusion from the list. This was done when Fusion Installer was configured.
- The next step is to select video.hubwizard -1.1.5.zip file and the go back to the main menu and select PROGRAMS menu.
- Now you can run Config Wizard and select your platform, which is Matricom card in this case.
- Select Yes and allow a few minutes to complete the installation. Once it is completed, you will be prompted to the main menu automatically. Now you can click the power button that appears in the left corner and then click Exit, if needed.
- The last step is to launch Kodi again. You will need to wait a few minutes until the updates are installed. That is all, now you are ready to use Kodi on your Matricom box.
The last thing to keep in mind is that there are add-ons that give you access to content that is subject to copyright. If you decide to use these add-ons, it is very important that you use a VPN to encrypt your traffic and disguise your IP address. Otherwise, you may be targeted by copyright enforcers, who are usually monitoring the internet to find users involved in copyright infringement. In order to avoid fines and legal issues, you need to protect your identity and the best way to do so is with a VPN. Make sure that you opt for an option that provides a high level of protection and that doesn’t keep logs of your traffic. ExpressVPN is ideal for streaming content due to its speed, security and the fact that it doesn’t keep logs of your online activities. NordVPN is another great choice since it has a zero logs policy.