Many people believe that Hollywood is the largest producer of movies in the world, but in reality, India’s film industry takes the lead. Bollywood has extended its influence outside India and movies of many other genres produced in that country, are popular in other locations. Fans of Indian films can rely on a wide range of options to enjoy their favorite content, including Kodi add-ons. There are add-ons that offer a large variety of content, including Indian movies and TV shows, while others specialize on Indian productions. Here are the best Kodi add-ons for Hindi, Desi and Punjabi movies.
Exodus is one of the most popular Kodi add-ons available. It stands out for its smart layout that allows you to find the content easily. Exodus is not focused on offering content from India, but it has a large collection of Bollywood movies. You can select Languages under Movies to locate Punjabi and Hindi sections with a great selection of Bollywood productions. You can find Exodus in the Fusion repository. Once you have added Fusion to your Kodi sources, you can simply follow these steps:
- From zip file go to SYSTEM>Settings>Add-ons>Install
- Select .fusion (or the name that you gave to the repo), choose kodi-repos and the, English.
- Select repository.exodus-x.x.x.zip and after a while, the “Add-on enabled” dialogue will appear. The add-on is available on Kodi’s home screen on VIDEOS>Add-ons.
TV on DESI Zone
There are two sections available in TV on DESI ZONE. One is called DesiRulez and the other one is DesiTVBox. The two sections are well set and you can easily access live TV and video on demand. In order to find movies and start streaming them, you need to browse through the channels. Still, it is a great option to enjoy content produced in India. You can find TV on DESI Zone in the Fusion repository. It can be installed following the below steps:
- Select .fusion (or the name you previously chosen for the repo) in SYSTEM>Settings>Install from zip file.
- Select kodi-repos and then international
- Now you can choose indian-repository.aj.addons-x.x.x.zip. Allow some time until you see the “Add-on enabled” notification before you continue.
- Once you get the notification, return to Settings>Add-ons and select Install from repository.
- Select All repositories>Video add-ons and then scroll down until you find TV on DESI ZONE.
- Select the add-on and click Install. When you get the “Add-on enabled” notification, you will be able to access the add-on from Kodi’s home screen. Just select Add-ons under VIDEOS.
ZemTV offers a wide variety of categories, but it is possible to find Indian content very easily and within seconds. The Indian Live Channels and Punjabi Live Channels are clearly visible once you open ZemTV. The sub-sections include Indian movies, Tamil movies, Pakistani movies and more. In each subcategory, the content is organized in alphabetical order. You can find ZemTV in the Fusion repository and it can be installed doing the below:
- Go to SYSTEM>Settings>Add-ons and select Install from zip file, then .fusion. Select kodi-repos and then English.
- Select repository.shani-x.x.zip and allow some time until the Add-on enabled notification appears, then continue.
- In SYSTEM>Settings>Add-ons choose Install from repository.
- Select Zem under Video Add-ons and then Install. Allow some time for the “Add-on enabled” notification to appear. The add-on can be found on VIDEOS>Add-ons.
You can find a great selection of movies, video on demand, live TV and more on Aftershock. The categories are clearly labelled so you can easily find what you want. The content on the Movies section is organized by language and the Live section is organized by categories that include Entertainment and Sports. The highlight is the Live (EPG) section that offers a guide for Live TV shows, which can be very practical. Aftershock can be installed using the Indigo installer, following these steps:
- In Indigo, select Add-on installer. Then select Search by Addon/Author and look for Aftershock.
- Select the add-on and then install Aftershock (vx.x.x)[xxx-xx-xx] by AftershockPY. Once the installation is completed, you can access Aftershock on VIDEOS-Add-ons.
India4Movie features Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu movies, as well as Hollywood productions. The main categories of the add-on are Movie Rulz and India 4 Movie. To install India4movie, you can use the Indigo Installer.
- Search for India4movie in Indigo
- Select the add-on and Install India4movie (vx.x.x) [xxxx-xx-xx] by Irfan Charania
- Once the installation is completed, the add-on will be available from VIDEOS>Add-ons.
This is the best option to find older productions. Bharatmovies includes classic movies in Hindi, Tamil, Bengali, Marathi, Malayalam and more. The movies are listed in alphabetical order or by year. You can install Bharatmovies using the Indigo installer.
- Look for Bharatmovies using Indigo under the Addon Installer
- Select the add-on and then Indigo (vx.x.x) [xxxx-xx-xx] by tvaddons.ag.
- Let the installation be completed and then access the add-on on VIDEOS>Add-ons.
cCloud TV stands out thanks to its fantastic search option that allows you to locate the content that you want, without hassle. You can look for specific content. It is also possible to find Bollywood movies by browsing the Non-English/International section. You can get cCloud TV from the Fusion repository. It can be installed following these steps:
- Select Install from repository under SYSTEM>Settings.Add-ons. Then select All repositories.
- Select video add-ons, followed by cCloud TV.
- Install and continue once you see the notification that says Add-on enabled. The add-on is available on VIDEOS.Add-ons
MalabarTalkies gives you access to a wide range of content in Tamil, Punjabi, Hindi and Telugu. You can install it with Indigo Installer, following these steps:
- Look for MalabarTalkies in Indigo under the Addon Installer
- Select the add-on, followed by MalabarTalkies (vx.x.x) [xxxx-xx-xx] by gbzygil
- When the installation is completed, you will find MalabarTalkies from VIDEOS>Add-ons
Perfect HD Movies
Perfect HD Movies has a dedicated section for Bollywood movies so you can easily find what you are looking for. There are also dual audio movies available so you can find movies with English or Hindi audio. It is possible to find Movies by Year, Latest Movies and more. Apart from Bollywood productions, Perfect HD Movies offers a good selection of Hollywood films. Perfect HD Movies is found in Fusion and you can install it following these steps:
- In SYSTEM>Settings>Add-ons>Install from zip file select .fusion>kodi-repos, followed by English.
- Select repository.entertainmentrepobackup-x.x.x.zip and once the Add-on enabled notification appears, go to Install from repository in Settings>Add-ons and choose Entertainment Repo.
- Select Perfect HD Movies and Install. Once it is installed, you will be able to access Perfect HD Movies from VIDEOS>Add-ons.
ApaliMarathi is another option to consider. It provides access to Marathi TV shows and movies. You can install it from the Fusion repository completing the below steps:
- Under SYSTEM>Settings>Add-ons, select Install from zip file, followed by kodi-repos
- Select international, then indian.repository.penguine.x.x.x.zip
- In SYSTEM>Settings>Add-ons, you can select Install from repository and then PENguine Add-on repository and Video add-ons.
- Select the add-on and Install. After ApaliMarathi is installed, you will be able to access it from VIDEOS.Add-ons.
Use a VPN with Kodi
Now that you know which are the best Kodi add-ons to access Bollywood movies, it is important to keep in mind that in order to enjoy all the content available without compromising your privacy, a VPN should be used. This will prevent your ISP and other parties to see what you do on the internet. They won’t know what content is being accessed. A VPN encrypts your connection, which means that others simply won’t be able to see your activities. In addition, a VPN changes your IP address, making you almost untraceable and allowing you to unblock content that is not available in your country.