Nowadays it is not enough to have access to internet. In order to ensure that you can enjoy a secure and versatile experience when you are connected to the world wide web, it is important to use additional technology. VPN services have become very popular since they are a practical and effective way to keep your information secure when you are online and to bypass the restrictions that may prevent your from accessing content. Online censorship, geographical blocks and other restrictions are issues that many users have to face. Thankfully when you use a VPN, you can enjoy freedom to access all the entertainment, information and services that the internet has to offer.
Security is the other advantage that a VPN provides. When you browse internet and use online applications, your personal data and everything you do can be traced. Over the last few years, the surveillance activities carried out by several government organizations around the world, as well as the data collection practices of many large companies have come to light, showing the importance of defending our right to privacy. A VPN encrypts your online traffic so that it can’t be read by others. Since the internet keeps growing and offering more content, our need to evade restrictions and to defend our privacy has increased. As a result, VPN services are very popular.
There are many VPN services available, including free options. Although a free VPN may sound appealing, it is important to keep in mind that this type of services come with many limitations and don’t provide the same level of security as a paid solution. Running a VPN network and delivering the technology that can secure your data effectively is a costly task. VPN provides have to invest a lot of money and resources to offer the best in terms of security and bypassing capacity. If you want to get all the benefits of using a VPN, it is advisable to opt for a paid service.
Choosing a VPN
The good news is that there are options available for different budgets and needs. Whether you want to secure your date when you are using public WiFi hotspots, or make sure that it is safe against online attacks and spies, you can find secure services for a convenient price. VPNs are also ideal for protecting your identity when you are using P2P applications because they conceal your activities and disguise your IP address. Before choosing a VPN service, there are a few aspects that are worth considering. Here is a list of what to look for in a paid VPN.
- Privacy and protection for your identity are particularly important if you are using P2P service. Make sure that you choose a provider that allows the use of these applications.In addition, it should be noted that if you want to download, stream content or play online games, speed also matters.
- Encryption is another important factor to consider. It is important to opt for a provider that offers a high level of encryption. The most reliable companies offer details about this on their website. If a company offers strong encryption, it will probably want you to know about it.
- If you are a beginner, it is advisable to look for a VPN provider that offers its own client. This will make the set up process easier. In addition, custom VPN clients are likely to include advanced features like kill switch, which shuts down all online applications in case the VPN disconnects. This will avoid that your real IP address is exposed. Good customer support is also important so preffer a service that offers guides, comprehensive knowledge base and different contact options.
- Another thing to check is the location of the servers available. If you want to access a website or service that is only available in a specific country, make sure that the VPN you choose has servers there.
- Price is also an aspect to keep in mind. Some VPN services are more expensive, but if they offer a good set of features, high quality and security, they may be the right choice. In the end, it depends on your needs, just for good value for money.
Best Paid VPNs List
The providers in this list, meet the criteria previously outlined and they are recognized in the industry for the great quality of their service. You will find options for different budgets and requirements. What these VPNs have in common is that they are all great options that are worth paying for. Plus, they offer good customer support, as well as money-back guarantees or free trials that allow you to test the speed and performance of the service.
ExpressVPN is a leading name in the VPN industry and it is trusted by many users thanks to its combination of top performance, amazing speeds and high grade encryption. They don’y keep logs of your activity and give you access to servers in 94 countries. While ExpressVPN is more expensive than other services available, its reliability and quality make it one of the best paid services available so it is definitely recommended. ExpressVPN is also known for its excellent software and great customer support.
Many users rely on NordVPN due to the fact that the provider offers a solid no logs policy. In addition, since it is based in Panama, it is less vulnerable to NSA surveillance. NordVPN also offers advanced security features like double VPN and Tor over VPN. They have over 700 servers in 58 countries and you can count on their efficient support and speeds that will allow you to browse, stream and download content without issues.
Surfhark is one of the best options available in the market due to its impressive selection of features. You can use as many devices at the same time as you want because Surfshark doesn’t place any limits on simultaneous connections. Although the monthly cost of Surfshark’s plans starts at $12.95, you can reduce the price considerably by extending the subscription time. For instance, if you subscribe for two years, the monthly price is reduced to $2.49. Since Surfshark works on multiple devices, it is a great value for money solution. Plus, it offers access to servers in more than 50 countries, it doesn’t keep logs of your activities and it has been independently audited to confirm its security.
Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access has become a favorite for many users thanks to its low price, but it is also a very effective option for anyone who wants to protect their privacy and bypass any restrictions. PIA gives you access to over 3000 servers in 25 countries including United Kingdom, Hong Kong, United States, Romania, Mexico, Japan, Germany, Sweden and Israel. They cover popular locations and offer strong security to keep your data protected.
CyberGhost is another highly recommended VPN service due to its reliability, security, easy to use software and good speeds. CyberGhost also offers affordable plans, but like with the other VPNs in the list, the prices get lower when you subscribe for longer. CyberGhost’s monthly cost starts at 11.99 EUR, but if you get a plan for three years, the monthly price is just 2.45 EUR. CyberGhost has servers in more than 50 countries and it allows you to get around blocks easily. You can connect to fast servers that allow you to stream content and enjoy the best possible speeds from any location. CyberGhost is also strong in terms of security and it doesn’t keep logs of your traffic.