There are some companies and/or apps that make it a bit more difficult to delete accounts and unfortunately is one of them. If you are having a hard time figuring out on how to delete your Amazon account, you came to the right place as we shall discuss in this article on how to delete Amazon account.
Why delete Amazon?
There are some Amazon account users who no longer would want support Amazon’s business practices or their controversial HR policies or you just do not want to use Amazon anymore and would want to remove your sensitive financial information on the internet.
If you are one of those who would want to delete their Amazon account, take note that you will need to have lots of patience.
How to delete an Amazon account?
If you have tried to delete your Amazon account, you would have discovered that it is not easy and not as straightforward as deleting your other accounts on other websites. In fact, you might have to contact their customer service and ask them to delete your account themselves.
Here is how to delete your Amazon account:
1. Go to Amazon.com
2. Go to their Help section. This could be found at the bottom of the page.
3. Scroll down and look for Browse Help Topics
4. Select Need More Help?
5. Tap Contact Us.
6. Click Prime or Something else
7. Scroll down and click Tell us more
8. Select Login and Security
9. Select close my account
10. You will be asked on how and when you would like to be contacted by Amazon team- phone, chat or email
How to close your account via e-mail?
If you would like to be assisted through the platform of email, you will see a new window which will open. Type in the reason why you would like to close your account and then, send the message. An Amazon employee will get back to you within 12 hours with detailed instructions on how you could close your account.
How to close your account by phone?
If you chose Phone option, a page will open and on that page, you will have to enter your phone number and wait for the call. Once you get the call, their customer service representative will provide you directions and instructions on how to close your Amazon account.
How to close your account via online chat?
If you would like to chat with a customer service representative of Amazon, click the chat option. Type in the reason why you would like to close your account and the Amazon associate shall provide you instructions on how to close your account.
What happens when you delete your Amazon account?
When you delete your Amazon account, you will lose a lot of access to a lot of digital content. Once you have contacted Amazon about deleting your account, you will receive a detailed rundown on what will happen before your account gets deleted.
- You will lose access to all your Amazon accounts including Audible.com
- You will not be able to use your Amazon gift cards or other vouchers
- You will lose access to digital content linked to your account- Kindle, digital music, prime videos and amazon apps.
- You will not be able to return or refund items ordered through your account
- You will not be able to initiate Textbook Rental returns and you will be held accountable for outstanding rentals
- Your reviews and posts will be removed
- You will lose access to content in your Games and Software library.