How to Install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Amazon Fire TV Stick is a popular media streaming solution that allows users to enjoy advanced features and powerful performance. It works with thousands of apps and services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer and YouTube. You can easily manage your entertainment options with the help of Amazon Fire TV Stick. Options like dual band WiFi, Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 sound technology, HD playback and Bluetooth remote will allow you to enjoy your favorite media with great quality and convenience. Combining Kodi with the Fire TV Stick delivers a powerful online entertainment solution. You will have the chance to stream content from a variety of sources.
Here you will find the steps needed to set up Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick, but keep in mind that in order to get a more flexible streaming experience, you should consider using a VPN. This technology will allow you to bypass geographical restrictions to enjoy access to a wider selection of content. At the same time, a VPN lets you protect your online traffic from eavesdroppers, hackers and anyone who tries to intercept it. VPN services give you security and freedom to access content from popular streaming platforms like BBC iPlayer, even if you don’t live in the UK. You just need to connect to a UK VPN server and unblock all the TV series and documentaries that this service offers. The same goes for content that is only available in the US. If you connect to a US server, you will appear as if you are located there and will get access to the content that US audiences can enjoy. Now lets go through the process to set up Kodi on your Fire TV Stick.
Installing Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick/ Firestick
- The first thing that you need to do is to plug the Amazon TV Fire Stick into your TV. Then, access Settings, choose System and tap on Developer Options.
- You will need to enable the following three options in Developer Options: Apps from Unknown Sources, ADB debugging and USB Debugging.
- The next step is to tap on the search box at the top of the Fire TV screen. Type ES File Explorer and press Enter.
- Now you will need to install ES File Explorer, which appears with a blue icon. When the installation is finished, you can launch ES File Explorer and then click on Add favorite on the top left corner of the screen.
- You will see a new window and there you need to enter the following link: http://kodi.tv Click on Next and then you will need to name your favorite. You can use any option that you like. Then, you will see a confirmation window that says “Add to favorite” and you just need to click on Add.
- From the left menu pane, look for the Kodi favorite that was just created and tap on it. A preview of the Kodi page will be displayed and you can click on Downloads. The Downloads page will open and you need to scroll down and select ARM version for Android.
- Go to menu from the bottom of the screen, select Open in browser and allow a few seconds. Kodi will start to download and once this is completed, you can click on Open file to install Kodi. The installation will be completed after a short while.
Once Kodi is installed on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, you will be able to choose addons that allow you to enjoy live sports events, movies, TV series, games and other great media content.
Getting more from Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick with a VPN
As previously mentioned, a VPN can give you a more flexibility when you stream since it lets you bypass geographical restrictions effectively. When you use a VPN, you are able to access content from channels and services that are blocked in your country. A VPN also provides protection against security threats and it gives you privacy, which is crucial if you want to use Kodi addons that give you access to premium content. Below you will find a list of great quality VPNs that offer great speed, reliable performance, extensive networks and other features that will help you to enjoy a safe and versatile streaming experience.
ExpressVPN provides amazing speeds, high security and reliable performance. It is ideal for streaming since it is designed to ensure that you don’t experience any significant slowdown. ExpressVPN has servers in more than 90 countries, giving you many options to bypass restrictions and enjoy a wider selection of content.
PureVPN is another good solution to consider when it comes to streaming, since it is fast and secure. This VPN provider based in Hong Kong stands out for offering servers in 141 countries. No matter where you are, you will find a server that suits your needs.
NordVPN is the ideal solution for users who want to protect their online traffic and ensure that their identity is not exposed. The provider supports advanced security options and it doesn’t keep any logs whatsoever. You can connect to servers in over 50 countries and while they are focused on security, they also have ultra fast servers for streaming.
Buffered also deserves to be considered since it combines great speeds, advanced technology and top protection for your privacy. No logs are kept and you can connect to servers in 37 countries. Buffered specializes on helping users to bypass geographical blocks in order to enjoy true online freedom.
VyprVPN has its own powerful technology that can defeat blocks effectively since it disguises your VPN traffic to avoid detection. Even if your network tries to prevent the use of VPNs, you can bypass restrictions and enjoy the security and freedom that a VPN provides. They have servers in over 60 countries.