How to watch NFL on Kodi
There are many options to enjoy all the action that the NFL offers, but most fans nowadays want to cut the cord. Leaving behind cable or satellite TV subscriptions offers many advantages such as flexibility. You are not tied to a contract and can choose from a variety of streaming solutions that you can enjoy at home or on the go. Kodi is a media player that has gained a lot of popularity over the last few years. It enables users to manage their media files and also to get access to online content. In this guide, we will talk about the best Kodi add-ons available so keep on reading to find out how you can enjoy NFL matches, without the hassle and restrictions of a TV subscription.
How to enjoy NFL with Kodi
Obviously the NFL is very popular in the United States, but there are also millions of fans in other countries who want to follow closely everything that happens with their favorite teams. For fans outside the United States, it can be more difficult to access content. Official apps and TV channels often don’t offer the content to an international audience due to licensing rights. This means that if you try to watch a match from outside the United States, you will probably come across error messages stating that the content is not available in your location.
Thankfully, Kodi is a solution that allows you to enjoy an incredible selection of content through add-ons that support many different options and categories. With Kodi installed on your device, you can enjoy a powerful and diverse streaming experience. However, it is important to take the necessary measures to enjoy a versatile and secure streaming experience. In order to be able to access a wider selection of content and protect the privacy of your activities, using a VPN service is crucial. Kodi add-ons give you the chance to access content, but some sources could be affected by geographical restrictions. You can bypass blocks with the help of a VPN and watch matches from anywhere in the world.
A VPN hides your real IP address and replaces it with the IP of the VPN server you are connected to. This allows you to overcome restrictions because you can get an IP address from other country and get around geo-blocks. For instance, if you want to watch content that is only available in the United States, but you live in a different country, you just need to connect to a US VPN server. This will give you a US IP address so when you access a website or use a service, your will appear as if you were in the United States, which will grant you access to all the content that is available in that country.
The fact that your real IP address is concealed also means that you get a layer of anonymity. It will be very difficult to trace you and to find out who you are. You can stream content without exposing your identity. In addition, VPNs encrypt your internet traffic, which keeps your activities private. With encryption, your online data is scrambled, meaning that others won’t be able to understand it and won’t know what you are up to. This protection will allow you to enjoy a better experience with Kodi.
Keep in mind that while Kodi is legal, third-party add-ons can offer access to content from sources that are not authorized by copyright holders. We don’t encourage you to use these options, but if you choose to do so, consider the fact that you may get warning letters or face fines. You can avoid these if you don’t install add-ons that offer copyrighted content without authorization. Alternatively, you can protect yourself with a VPN since this technology keeps your activities private and not even your ISP will know what you are doing. We recommend high quality solutions like ExpressVPN, which offers great speeds, high security and it doesn’t keep logs of your activities.
How to install Kodi Add-ons
The installation process for Kodi Add-ons is similar in most cases, meaning that when you install one, you will be familiar with the steps needed for other add-ons.
- Launch Kodi and go to the System menu. This can be accessed via the gear icon on the top left corner.
- Go to System Setting> Add-ons and check the option that lets you install from unknown sources. This is a crucial step that will allow you to install third-party add-ons.
- After the above steps, the following ones involve two main parts. The first one is finding a repository (this is where you can find the files) and install the Go back to the System menu and go to File Manager.
- Click twice on Add Source to select it. On the Add file source screen, a pop-up message will appear, it says . Click on it and enter the relevant URL that you will get in different sections of the guide. Then give it a name that you will remember and click on it to save it.
- The second part of the process is simply installing the add-on. After you have renamed the repository, you need to go back to Kodi’s main screen and select the Add-ons, which is an icon that resembles an open box.
- Select install from zip file from the list of options and go to the same repository that you previously renamed. Click twice on it and allow some time for the installation to be completed.
- Go back to the previous screen and choose install from repository and then choose the add-on you want to install. Click twice on it to install it. That is all. Below, you will find popular repositories that you can add to your system.
Ares Project (includes Colossus Repo)
Best NFL Kodi Add-ons
Now it’s time to take a look at the different options to enjoy the NFL on Kodi. There are official Kodi Addons, as well as unofficial ones, but we advise you to opt for the first group whenever possible.
Official NFL Kodi Addons
This is the official NFL app and while it doesn’t offer live streaming of games, it features video highlights and exclusive videos. You can install it by following these steps:
- Go to System, then Settings and Add-ons
- Get add-ons and select Kodi repository
- Select Video Add-ons and then NFL.com
NFL Game Pass
NFL Game Pass can be easily installed and you can set it up directly from the home screen. However, a Game Pass account is required so that you can get access to a host of official NFL streams. Here are the steps that you can follow to install it:
- Go to the home screen and select Add-ons
- Select Download and select Video Add-ons
- Choose NFL Game Pass and then click Install
NFL Team Videos
Here is another official option and it allows you to get access to detailed information about teams. It doesn’t offer live streaming, but it is great for fans who want to know more about their favorite teams. To install it, follow these steps:
- Go to System, them Settings and Add-ons
- Get add-ons and then select Kodi repository
- Go to Video Add-ons and then go to NFL Teams
NBC Sports Live Extra
This add-on supports legal streaming and allows you to access Sunday night football, as well as Thursday night games. It also offers the chance to watch other sports such as racing, hockey and English Premier League. Since the service is available only in the US? you need a VPN to disguise your location. Here is what you need to do to be able to use the NBC Sports Live Extra add-on:
- For this add-on, you need Eracknaphobia repo file. From the home screen, select Add-ons and then Install from zip file.
- Open the Eracknaphobia zip file that you previously saved and then select eracknaphobia.zip
- Click on install from repository. Select install from repository and then choose eracknaphobia’s repo.
- Select Video Add-ons and select NBC Sports Live Extra Legacy. CHoose install and allow some time for the Add-on enabled message to appear.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be able to access it in the Video Add-ons section. You will have to configure it before you can select configure and access the information needed.
This add-on is not only great for sports, but also for all the US content that you want to watch. It allows you to enjoy popular TV channels such as NBC, Fox and CBS. You just need to register on the USTVNOw website. The premium plan costs about $20 per month and it allows you to access ESPN as well. To be able to access content, you need to connect to a US VPN server, if you are outside that location.
Amazon Prime Video
Although Amazon Prime Video is not only focused on NFL content, it recently made a deal with the NFL and it will show live stream games over the next season. If you are an Amazon user and also a fan of the NFL, Amazon Prime Video would be a great solution. You need an Amazon Prime account. In some locations, you will also need to use a VPN to be able to access the content.
This is a cloud-based media library that is compatible with multiple devices. You can access 5 channels for free or get more options by upgrading to the premium service. You can get it from the Fusion repo. You can install it by going to System, then File Manager, choose Add Source, then click on the , enter this: http://fusion.tvaddons.co and then select Done. Enter fusion in the name field and then select OK. From the Home Screen, select System, then Add-Ons and then Install from Zip file. Select Fusion. Then Kodi-repos, and language English. Select podgod-x.x.zip and allow some time for the Add-on enabled notification.
Then select install from repository and select podgod repo, then select Video Addons. Click Channel PEAR and Install. Allow some time for the add-on enabled notification to appear.