Is GroupMe Better Than WhatsApp?
Launched by Microsoft, GroupMe is a messaging app that allows its users to add individuals in a group and have conversations with all and among all of them. Yes, this might be nothing new compared to other messaging apps such as Facebook messenger or WhatsApp, but, what makes GroupMe different from all other messaging apps?
1. Create Groups- you could create multiple public groups. This app allows you to add up to 40 contacts per group. You could add your contacts through their phone numbers, email ids and saved contacts.
2. Contents that could be shared- through GroupMe, you will be able to send videos, pictures, GIFs, locations through Google Maps and texts from other friends.
3. Direct Message- You could send direct to those who are on GroupMe.
4. Create Events- In this app, you will be able to create invitations for events or gatherings for your groups. You could also create a RSVP.
5. Spilt Bills- You could split any cost you make with your group. You could divide the amount with each group member. Aside from that, you will not have any problems of asking them ask this app has a notification feature. Take note, though that the availability of this feature depends on your country or region.
6. Make polls- you could use this feature in asking questions and see what is the majority preference in your group.
Ease of Use
This app works amazingly especially if you have numerous groups such as family, close friends, officemates and many more. By being able to create groups, you will be able to keep in touch with all your contacts. With this app, you will be able to check information, events, polls, change names and topic of the group. You could even set nicknames and many more. If you wish to leave any group, you may do so whenever you desire and still have the information about the group in your archives.
This app supports all Android and iOS devices and is offered for free at https://apps.apple.com/in/app/groupme/id392796698 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.groupme.android
Pros and Cons
– Allows its users to create groups with 40 people
– Allows its users to Create Events
– Allows its users to create Polls
– Send GIFs
– Super easy to manage
– It’s not as popular as WhatsApp, you might not find most of your friends in this app.
How is it Different from WhatsApp?
If you have numerous groups, GroupMe is highly recommended. It is the easiest way to manage group conversations. The difference with GroupMe and WhatsApp is that WhatsApp is best used for single conversations while GroupMe, as mentioned earlier is it is perfect for group texts and conversing with groups. It also helps you build your connections with your friends, colleagues and family. So what are you waiting for? Download now and see how very convenient it is to have this app. Aside from that, GroupMe will surely provide you fun and enjoyable conversations with your groups.