Windows 10 Edge not working on VPN?
There have been several reports that when one is using a Virtual Private Network, their browser, Microsoft’s Edge suddenly stops. We understand how frustrating this could get. Hence, through this article, we will provide you some methods and ways you could fix Microsoft Edge and keep it running while using your favorite VPN.
Using a VPN has proven to provide numerous benefits and advantages. It has the ability to provide you high quality of security and privacy. It routes your traffic through a secured tunnel which makes it difficult for third parties and hackers to access.
However, just like other tools, solutions platforms or software like VPN could also fail at times and corporate VPNs are not exempted too. As mentioned above there have been several complaints that Edge stops whenever one uses a VPN on Windows 10. Through this article, we shall provide you several solution suggestions and they are the following:
- Update your Microsoft edge
- Ensure your VPN has been updated and
- Ensure your computer is also updated.
How do you make Edge work with VPN?
Disable default gateway on remote network
- Go to settings app
- Go and click network and internet
- Click change adapter options
- Right click on VPN adapter
- Click properties
- Access Networking Tab
- Click Internet protocol version 4
- Click properties
- Click Advanced button
- Ensure that “use default gateway on remote network” is unchecked.
Change your VPN media status settings
- Go to your network connections
- Right click VPN connection
- Click on Properties
- Click the Configure button
- Go to Advanced tab
- Click on Media Status option found on the property list
- Set it to always connected. This could be found on the value dropdown menu.
- Click Ok.
Use stable and efficient VPN provider
- Download Private Internet Access
- Install the VPN on your computer.
- Connect it to your preferred server.
- Launch Edge
- Access your favorite sites
Private Internet Access (PIA) is one of the best VPN service providers. It has passed all of our tests with flying colors. In this case where you cannot make Microsoft Edge connect to the internet while you are using a VPN, Private Internet Access is your best bet to solve this. It does not trigger any errors and it also provides you high quality levels of privacy and security. It also has the ability to unblock geographical restrictions imposed on and by streaming services.
1. What is the best VPN that works with and on Edge?
Private Internet Access is highly recommended. Upon testing this VPN service provider, we could say that you will not have to worry about any issues or problems or errors on Microsoft Edge whenever you are using and/or launching it.
2. Does Windows 10 have its own VPN?
Yes, Windows does have its own built-in VPN provider. However, you will need to create a network manually. Hence, you will have to configure it and if you are a novice in it, you might have a challenging and difficult time figuring it out.
3. What does a corporate VPN do?
A corporate VPN ensures that your organization’s online activities and data are secured from cyber threats.
If you have some troubles with your Microsoft Edge browser whenever you connect to your VPN, try the different methods and solutions that we have featured in this article and we could assure you that you will be able to get back to viewing and browsing your favorite websites in no time without any worries.