Using YouTube search history you can find specific videos or channels and while having fast quick access to videos you watched in the past can be convenient, there may be cases in which you prefer to delete your previous searches. It is possible to clear the YouTube search history on your Android smartphone or tablet. You can delete the whole history or individual searches on the YouTube app that is running on your Android device. If there are some videos that you don’t want to remove from the watch history, you can mark them as Watch later. This will add the video to a list of content that will be easy to access and that you can watch at a later stage. We will go through three different options that will allow you to clear your YouTube history completely or delete individual search history on your Android device.
Option 1 – Clear your YouTube history completely
- First you will need to log in to your YouTube account on your smartphone or tablet
- You will see three dots in vertical position at the top of the right side corner. Tap on them
- Select Settings and then Tap on History & Privacy
- Tap on “Clear search history”. You will be asked to confirm if you want to clear search history
- Hit OK in order to delete all the searches made on your YouTube account. Here you will also see options to Pause your watch history or to Pause search history. You can enable or disable any of these.
Option 2 – Delete individual YouTube searches
- Log in to your YouTube account on your Android device
- At the top right corner you will see an icon with the shape of a person. This is the “Account” option. Tap on it.
- Select History and then tap on the three vertical dots that appear next to each video on the list.
- Select “Remove from Watch history”. This will delete that particular video from your history. You will also have the option to add the the video to your Watch later list or to save it offline to watch it whenever you want.
Option 3 – Clear Viewing History of YouTube
- Log in to your YouTube account
- Select Account and then History
- Tap the Three horizontal dots at the top right side of the screen
- Select “Clear history”. You will be asked to confirm if you want to clear your viewing history,
- Tap on “Clear History” to delete the full list of videos you have watched. That is all.