Best 5 VPN Services for Web Developers
Virtual Private Network or more commonly known as VPN are starting to become one of the most popular tools that provides secured and private browsing connections. Not only companies do get subscription with VPN service providers but also individuals who need one for their work. For web developers having a VPN is very important and if you wish to subscribe to good VPN, we highly recommend that you consider the following factors:
- Good server coverage – This is one of the most important factors that you would need to consider as if you do not get one that has a good server coverage you might get stuck with a VPN that has a slow browsing connection.
- Fast and secure protocols – We suggest that you find a VPN that offers protocols like OpenVPN and IKEv2/IPSec. These features ensure you have fast connection and best security.
- No-logs policy – this feature ensures that your browsing history is not logged or recorded. Hence, this makes sure that you have a secured connection.
- Best price for value – this is one of the best considerations one needs to look into. You might find an affordable and cheap subscription but then you might get a crappy service and features.
- Additional features – Kill Switch and adblocker is definitely a must.
- Netflix availability – though VPN is a perfect tool for work, it would be great to have extra perks of being able to watch Netflix wherever you are and anywhere you wish to.
- 24/7 support – sometimes you could encounter problems with your connection and it is best that the VPN service provider could assist you anytime.
Benefits of having a VPN for Web Developers
- It provides high levels of security.
- It gives you private connection.
- It helps freelancers to protect sensitive information.
- It could surpass geo-restricted sites
Recommended VPN Service Providers for Web Developers
This VPN service provider ensures that your identity is kept private or anonymous. Surfshark is headquartered in British Virgin Islands which is very reassuring as they ensure they have a strict no-logs policy. Furthermore, it has about 500 plus servers located all over the world and allows its users to connect as many device as they wish to in one account. Aside from that, they have unlimited bandwidth which ensures that the connection speed will not get slower. They also offer security protocols such as IKEv2/IPSec, IP masking and OpenVPN. For those who are irritated with advertisements, this VPN has a MultiHop which ensures double VPN chain.
Surfshark offers subscription as low as $3.49 per month for 2-year plan.
NordVPN is one of the most popular VPN providers, they have around 5000 plus servers located all over the world. This VPN is perfect for downloading, torrenting, streaming and browsing geo-restricted, blocked sites. They have 24/7 support which means if you encounter any problems or difficulties, they will be able to assist you anytime. Their VPN includes features such as kill switch, no logs policy, security protocols such as IKEv2/IPSec and OpenVPN. The only downside of VPN is they only allow 6 devices which could be connected to one account.
NordVPN offers subscription as low as $6.99 per month for a one-year plan.
Proton is a well-known company in the email industry. They have also moved into the VPN industry and is based in Switzerland. They have an OpenVPN protocol and offers IKEv2/IPSec protocol. They have about 303 servers located in about 27 countries. Though this VPN service provider does not off a 24/7 customer service, they do not have much issues that you would encounter while using their services. They also offer kill switch, P2P support and offers as low as $4 per month.
4. HotspotShield VPN
HotspotShield VPN offers free version and premium or paid version. Their free version comes with limited bandwidth, has advertisements, allows one device only and does not have any tech support. As for their premium or paid version, they offer about 2500 plus servers in about 25 countries. They also have the capacity to bypass geo-restricted sites like Netflix. Their yearly subscription rate is $8 per month for one-year plan.
Another well-known name in the VPN industry is ExpressVPN. They have about 2000 plus servers located all over the world and has an amazing service. They have OpenVPN protocol and L2TP/IPSec. Aside from that, they also have a Kill Switch and split-tunneling. They offer subscription as low as $6.67/month for 15-month plan.
Choosing the right VPN service provider is a bit tricky and difficult. We highly suggest before subscribing to a VPN service provider, you research, sort and identify your priorities and test trials.