It is very frustrating and a bit discontenting not being able to access all the content and services that Amazon Prime offers. Just like us, you would probably want to unblock the site of any and every country where Amazon Prime could be accessed. For both cases, the only solution and way to go about it is by getting a Virtual Private Network or more commonly known as VPN. With this, we have tested quite a number of different VPN services providers. However, in this article we will focus on NordVPN and will answer the question, “does NordVPN work on Amazon Prime?”
Will NordVPN work in unblocking Amazon Prime abroad?
The answer to this question is simple. Yes, NordVPN could unblock Amazon Prime abroad. For those who would like to access content on Amazon Prime US and are using desktop or laptop, all you have to do is to connect to any NordVPN server in any country except for those that are in United Kingdom. For those on the other hand would like to connect or access content on Amazon Prime UK, all you have to do is to connect to any UK NordVPN server.
As for those using their mobile phones to stream Amazon Prime, unfortunately, NordVPN, only has the ability to connect you to one server in Germany and two servers in France.
Accessing and bypassing geo-restriction is difficult without the help of a VPN. The good news is NordVPN has been putting effort for their subscribers to be able have the freedom to access and watch any content on Amazon Prime. It is also said that NordVPN has been working very hard to expand and include more regions that are not currently included.
Why do you need a VPN for Amazon Prime?
One of the major reasons why you would need to use a VPN every day is restricted access. Some sites like Amazon Prime use geographical blocks and platforms to get your IP address to get your location and once they are able to identify your IP address and location, they will be able to restrict you to the content that is available to that location only. However, if you use a VPN, these sites will have difficulty in identifying your IP address and location. Hence, through a VPN, you will be able to unlock and unblock other libraries on Amazon Prime.
Though proxy servers could trick Amazon Prime into thinking you are located in a region where you would like to access Amazon Prime, this does not protect you from data collection of third parties and hackers. Thus, in summary, a VPN does not only provide you a new IP address but it also has the ability to keep your connection anonymous and keep your internet traffic encrypted.
Why go for NordVPN for Amazon Prime?
With numerous VPN service providers in the market, it is difficult to find a good fit that would suit your needs. However, with Amazon Prime, the answer is simple. NordVPN is highly recommended and we agree with this. Why? Here’s a quick look on the services and features that they offer.
NordVPN is one of the most popular, trusted and reliable VPN service provider due to its huge server network. Currently, they have about 5234 servers located in about 59 countries worldwide. These servers have the ability to file share through P2P and other features or technologies as well. In addition to that, NordVPN also has the ability to unblock restricted sites such as Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Netflix and many more.
As for their security measures, NordVPN has military grade 256-but AES encryption function, automatic kill switch, double VPN technology which brings your internet traffic not to one but to two servers. This makes it difficult for anyone to track your connection.
In addition to that, NordVPN strictly implements their no logs policy. This means, your data, information or browsing history will never be leaked while you are using VPN. Furthermore, NordVPN’s fast connection speed is also incomparable.
How to use NordVPN to unblock Amazon Prime
Though it might seem difficult to unblock Amazon Prime, it is totally the opposite. It is straightforward and easy. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your NordVPN account. If you do not have an account, go to their website and subscribe to a plan.
- Download and install the desktop app. If you will be using your phone, you could download the app from mobile store.
- Choose the library you want to access. Ensure that what you will choose is supported by NordVPN’s countries or regions.
- Connect to your desired location.
- Amazon Prime US could be accessed by 4623, 4625, 4626, 4665 and 466 servers for mobile version.
- Amazon Prime France could be accessed by 395 and 396 servers while Amazon Germany on the other hand, uses 677 server.
- Go Amazon Prime website and enjoy its content for the location that you have chosen.
For Personal Computers – Windows, Linux, macOS, Android:
- Clear browser’s cache
- Restart the application
- Set 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 on your device.
- Restart your device.
- Enjoy your Amazon Prime
Will a free VPN work on Amazon Prime?
Yes, unfortunately we highly discourage it due to the following reasons:
- Security- most free VPNs keep user logs and sadly some of which sells information and data to third parties.
- Slow speed and limited bandwidth- you are streaming, this would frustrate you as you will be experiencing a lot of buffering and lags due to slow connection speed and limited bandwidth.
- As mentioned above, security is an issue. Most free VPNs, do not offer any security measures and features such as AES-256 encryption, DNS protection, Onion over VPN and an automatic kill switch.
- Most free VPNs will bug you with advertisements.
1. Do I need a new Amazon account when starting out with a NordVPN?
No, you will still be able to use your existing account. NordVPN could unblock four versions of Amazon Prime. To be able to unblock the version you are using, ensure you are connected to NordVPN.
2. Is it safe to use NordVPN?
Yes, it is safe to use NordVPN even with a public WiFi hotspot. You will be able to use NordVPN without having to worry about hackers.
3. Is it illegal to use a VPN like NordVPN?
No but there are some activities that would make it illegal to use and they are the following:
- Hacking- since VPNs could hide your internet activities and traffic, most hackers take advantage of this and uses VPN as a tool to hack. In most countries, hacking is illegal.
- Trading on the dark web- since connection is anonymous it is easy for some to buy and sell drugs, weapons and illegal substances on web.
- Cyberbullying and cyberstalking – many countries have laws against this and have made it punishable by law.
These three activities should not be done through the use of VPNs.
Looking for a reliable and trustworthy VPN service provider is a tricky and difficult task to do. However, if you are looking for one for you to use on Amazon Prime, we highly recommend and suggest you subscribe to the services of NordVPN. We highly could assure you that they do a good job in unblocking and giving access to different versions of Amazon Prime.