DandyMedia is the developer behind Openload Movies, a convenient and efficient add-on that allows you to get access to movies and TV shows. There is a great selection of content available, but in order to enjoy it, you need some modules that are found on Mucky Duck’s Repository. In this guide, we will tell you how you can install the Openload Movies Kodi add-on. The instructions can be followed on any Build or Skin that you are using.
How to install Openload Movies
- Start by enabling Unknown Sources for Krypton and then install the Dandymedia repository. Keep in mind that the first three following steps that we list here can be ignored if you are running Kodi 16 Jarvis.
- From the main menu screen select System. Then select System Settings.
- Enable Unknown Sources in the Add-ons tab.
- From your main menu screen, select File Manager under System
- Then double click Add Source
- Press the “None” indication” on the pop up window that is displayed
- Enter the repository URL like this: http://www.dandymedia.club/repo/ and click Done
- You need to rename the repository so press the empty space that is below the Enter a name for this media source option.
- You can select any name that you want for the repository, just make sure that you can recognize the source. It is possible to add a small dot at the start of the name so that the repository doesn’t mix with local folders since Kodi maintains an alphabetical order for the media sources. Enter the name you want and then click Done.
- Now you should see the repository added to your media sources. If you receive a message stating that your system is not able to connect to the media source, check the URL that you entered for the repository to confirm that it is right. If there is no issue there, check the internet connection. If you can’t find problems there, it is possible that the media source is temporary down and you may have to proceed with the installation when the URL is active.
- You have to go back to your main screen and select Add-ons from the System menu. Then select Install from zip file.
- Click on the repository that you renamed (the Dandymedia repository).
- Select repository.dandymedia.zip
- Allow some time for the installation to be completed. Once it finishes, you will see a message confirming that the Add-on has been enabled. The location in which the message appears depends on the Skin or Build that you have. The indication Enabled may also appear next to the add-on. This generally appears in all the add-ons installed in the system.
- Select Install from repository. Then select Dandymedia Repository and Video add-ons.
- Then select Openload Movies and then Install.
- You will need to wait some time for the installation to be completed. Once it is down, an Add-on enabled message will appear. The location where it is shown depends on the Skin or Build that you use. The Enabled indication will appear next to the add-on as well.
Now that Openload Movies is installed in your system, you can find it in your Video add-ons. Keep in mind that this is a third-party add-on, meaning that it is not supported by the official Kodi team.
Don’t forget to use a VPN with Openload Movies
The downside of third-party Kodi add-ons like Openload Movies is not only that they are not supported by the official Kodi team. Another issue is that they are likely to provide access to copyrighted content, without the relevant authorization. As you can expect, copyright holders are not happy at all about the use of these add-ons and they can try to find out who are using them. You can avoid using Openload Movies and opt for a legitimate service, but if you choose to install it and access content through it, you should consider using a VPN. This will allow you to keep your information protected from others, including your ISP and copyright holders who try to trace you.
A VPN helps you to change your IP address, preventing others from finding out your location, your IP address and other data that can lead to you, such as the name of your ISP. When you connect to a VPN server, your IP address is masked and others are only able to see the IP address of that server. Since the IP addresses used by VPN providers are generally shared by thousands of people, it is practically impossible to find out a specific person. In addition, your data is encrypted, meaning that your online activities can’t be seen by others. The data is scrambled, making it very difficult for others to read it. A VPN protects your privacy and adds security to your connection.
Furthermore, a VPN service can also help you to overcome online restrictions. If a website or app that you want to use is blocked in your country due to censorship or geographical blocks, you can bypass this with a VPN. You can connect to servers in other countries, which gives you an IP address from that location so you can get around restrictions and enjoy the content that you want. In order to get the most out of your streaming experience, it is important that you choose a VPN that is fast, reliable and secure. We recommend ExpressVPN, IPVanish, PIA, NordVPN and VyprVPN. They combine all these features and don’t keep logs of your online activities.