Hungary is one of the countries that is blessed with fast internet connection. Internet access in this country is almost free from government censorship and ISP firewalls. In addition to that, Hungary’s internet connection is affordable, reliable and fast. Though Hungary is one of those countries that enjoys high rank internet freedom, internet access could also have a few downfalls and one of it is the risk for being hacked by cyber criminals and data thieves who monitor your internet activity. These drawbacks though should not deter you from enjoying surfing the net as these threats and risks could be contained and eliminated through the use of a VPN.
Choosing the Best VPN for Hungary
With the numerous and thousands of VPNs offered in the market, it would be difficult to choose the best VPN and one that is worth your money and time. Though difficult it is not impossible, with research and comparative studies, you will be able to narrow down the list which will help you pick the right one for you.
In writing this article, we have set certain criteria in determining the best VPNs for Hungary and they are the following:
- Device Compatibility
- Downloading Speed
- Number of Server Networks
- Zero-Logging Policy
- Traffic restrictions
Top VPN for Hungary
If you are concerned with connection speed, ExpressVPN is the number one recommended VPN service provider. It is the fastest VPN compared to most VPNs and they have consistently passed with flying colors in all speed tests. They have quite number of servers around the world. In fact, they have around 2000+ servers found in about 94 countries that are accessible through smartphones, PCs, tablets, laptops and other devices. In addition to that, connection through ExpressVPN brings you secured fast, low lag server connection.
Data and activities that pass through this VPN are highly protected through its 256-bit AES encryption and its zero-logging policy. They also have DNS leak protection and automatic kill switch that ensures its users are protected and secured.
NordVPN has one of the largest server networks and has beat its competitors by thousands. It is a known knowledge that the company that owns this VPN adds new servers on a regular basis. They, in fact have around 5,000 servers found in about 62 countries worldwide. This means, you will be able to use their network service connection with unlimited data, server switching and bandwidth. They also offer unique functions and features which only NordVPN offers and they are the following:
- Protection against DDoD attacks
- Onion over VPN routing
- Double encryption
In addition to those, NordVPN also comes with a zero-logging policy which means any of your internet browsing activities will not and will never be recorded nor shared with third parties. Moreover, they also ensure that you receive utmost levels of security and privacy through their 256-bit AES encryption, automatic kill switch and DNS leak protection. Aside from that, this VPN service provider allows its users to access restricted and censored sites.
CyberGhost is the easiest to use. It features amazing privacy options and comes with about 3,000 servers found in about 60 countries worldwide. It is compatible to use and supports Mac, Windows, iOS, Android and many more.
PrivateVPN is known for its balanced and smart services that ensures secured connection. The features featured in this VPN are amazing and yet it still ensures its users that speed is not compromised and this what makes this VPN best for daily usage.
This VPN includes a network of around 100 servers located in about 56 different countries. Its network connection is locked down with 256- bit AES encryption, automatic kill switch, zero logging policy and DNS protection.
How to Use VPN in Hungary?
1. Setting up
Setting up a VPN is relatively easy to do, all one has to do is follow the steps below:
- Sign into a VPN website of your choice
- Download the app on your device
- Install the VPN app and launch it
- Enter your login credentials
- The app will automatically connect to its server
- If the app does not automatically connect to the server, you could choose from their list of server and connect to a server
- Minimize the VPN and start browsing
2. Verify your IP Address
It is highly recommended to verify your IP address during your first time connecting to a new VPN. This way you are sure that your connection is anonymous and your virtual IP addresses could be changed.
- Ensure that you are connected to your VPN
- Open a web browser and visit ipleak.net
- Once the page loads, an IP address lookup will automatically run
- Find the box at the top of the page where it says “Your IP address”
- If the label contains the country that is not the country you are in, then your VPN is working correctly.
- If you find any error, check the VPN support pages or call your VPN service provider.
Uses of a VPN
A VPN is an amazing tool that keeps one’s identity safe and it provides protection from hacks and third party data thieves. In addition to those important features, using a VPN also provides the following advantages:
- Allows Censored Websites- Censorship is very common in many countries. Though this is not much an issue in Hungary, traveling to other regions could impede your access to certain geo-restricted sites.
- Data Encryption- This feature make it difficult for third parties to read or access your data.
- Hide your IP address- Whenever you surf the net, an ISP assigns an IP address which makes it easy to track your identity and location. Through the use of a VPN, your IP address will be assigned by their anonymous servers.
- Stop surveillance and tracking – in some countries, government tracks internet usage, but, through a VPN, your connection will be anonymous.
- Watch Videos from Other Countries- there are some sites like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, YouTube, etc. that restrict their sites to other countries and their content is available based on location. Though this is the case, this is not a problem with VPNs as they could surpass these restrictions and barriers.
Why use VPN in Hungary?
Though Hungary’s internet is fast and modern and the government does not censor any website content, there are still a few risk in surfing the net without the use of a VPN and here is a list why it is important to use a VPN:
1. To Avoid Fake Wi-Fi Hotspots
Connecting to public Wi-Fi is dangerous and has some risks involve. If by chance you have connected to a fake Wi-Fi hotspot, you are at risk of your information such as your email, browsing history, password data getting stolen or hacked by third parties. However, through a VPN, your data and information are highly secured and kept private.
2. Bypass Geo-Restricted Content
If you are into streaming movies and TV series, using a VPN is very useful in getting pass any kind of restrictions. Sites like Netflix and Hulu are usually restricted to certain countries/locations and accessing them from another country is prohibited. However, VPNs bypasses these restrictions and provides its users access.
3. Avoid Censorship and Destroy Internet Fast Lanes
Though Hungary does not censor any website content, traveling to other locations and countries have laws that restricts and blocks some content that you would wish to access. However, through a VPN, your privacy is secured and censorship does not apply wherever you are even though there are restriction and censorship laws in the location you currently at.
Are you ready to surf the net without the fear of your information getting stolen? Or have the ability to access restricted and blocked sites? Then, we highly recommend to select a good VPN
through the list mentioned above in this article. We hope we are able to help you choose one that would suit your needs.