How to Delete Your Telegram Account Permanently?
Telegram is an app similar to Whatsapp, but unlike Whatsapp, deleting your account with Telegram is a bit more complicated, as you will need to delete your account through your Desktop or Mobile browser. In other words, deleting directly on Android or iOS app is not allowed. Though this is the case, you will love this app as it is compatible not only on Android and iOS devices but also on Windows, MacOS, PC and Linux.
Why Use Telegram
Telegram is one of the most popular messaging apps that allows its users to create groups up to 10,000 members and it is also one of the most secured apps. It could destruct or delete your messages with a timer and it also could sync all your messages with all the devices you have.
However, if you would like to delete your Telegram account or deactivate it, here is a guide on how to do it. Note that once you have deleted your account, you will not be able to access your messages, groups, contacts and chats. This means all your messages will be removed and deleted permanently. Hence, we are recommending that you backup your telegram account before performing the following procedures:
1. On your smart phone or desktop browser, open deactivation page of Telegram found in the link below: https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate . Take note that, as mentioned above, Telegram does not allow deleting any account from the app itself. Hence, the only way to do this is to deactivate it through your smart phone or desktop browser.
2. Once you are in the deactivation page of Telegram, you will need to log in your Telegram account to manage your apps using your Telegram API or deactivate your account. All you have to do is to enter or encode the number that you used in registering with Telegram on the “Your Phone Number” box or portion. Do not forget to include your country code.
3. Once done, click on the “Next” button.
4. Once you have clicked the Next button, you will receive a confirmation link on your Telegram account. Hence, you will need to open your Telegram app or its web version to copy the code that was sent to your account.
5. Copy the code and enter it on the confirmation code box found on the Telegram Login page.
6. Once done, you will be given three options and they are the following:
- Deactivate account
- API development tools
- Log out
7. Click on deactivate account.
8. Once you have clicked on the deactivate account link, Telegram will send you a confirmation message that says if you delete your account, all your messages, contacts and groups will be permanently deleted and retrieving them will not be possible.
9. If you are sure that you wish to delete your account, click on the Done button.
10. Telegram will again provide you a warning and will ask you if you are sure in deleting your account. If you are sure, click on the red colored button, “Yes, delete my account”.
11. Note that after clicking on “Yes, delete my account”, your Telegram account will be deleted and you will receive a confirmation message stating that your account has been successfully been deleted from Telegram’s system.
We hope that we were able to help you in deleting your Telegram account through this step by step guide. Don’t forget to leave us a comment below