How to create and verify a Melon account – step by step by step guide
Melon is a popular online music store in South Korea and it offers the possibility of listening to tracks that are enjoying a lot of success in music charts. In order to be able to get access to all the features that Melon supports, it is necessary to have a Melon account. You can create a Melon account on your mobile or using your email address. However, it is only possible to register via mobile phone if you have a South Korean phone number. This is why, many users outside South Korea who were looking for a way to enjoy Melon’s service, were creating accounts via email. The problem is that Melon is no longer allowing this option. You can’t create a Melon account using your email and if you don’t have a South Korean phone number, the mobile registration option won’t work for you. What can you do in this case? Well, there is an alternative and that is to register via KaKaoTalk. Here we will tell you what you can do.
How to create a Melon account using KakaoTalk
If you already have registered for KakaoTalk, you can simply log in to your account. Otherwise, follow the below steps to create a KakaoTalk account with an email address, so that you can later on sign up for Melon.
- Go to https://www.melon.com/muid/web/login/login_inform.htm and select the KakaoTalk button.
- Select Sign up and then mark the box to agree terms. You may need to use Google Translate.
- Enter your email address, password and verification code. To find the verification code, log in to your email.
- Enter the code you got in the email. That is it, your KakaoTalk account should be created.
- Click on “Agree” and then select the box required to create a Melon account via KakaoTalk. Once you do this, your Melon account should have been created.
- Now you can log into Melon on your computer, iPhone, iPad, Android tablet or smartphone, using your KakaoTalk account.
- It is possible to use your Melon ID to listen to music online, but you won’t be able to listen to the full song, only one minute of it. In order to be able to stream and download music with Melon, you need to upgrade to a paid membership. To be able to do this, you need to verify a South Korean phone number or i-Pin. Since some songs are only for users who are 19 years old and older, you will need to verify your age. When your account is not verified, you will see the following next to it: 본인 미확인, which means that you need to verify the account first.
- To be able to verify a Melon account, you may try to get someone in South Korea to help you to verify the phone or i-Pin. Otherwise, you can buy a verified Melon account from OBTGAME and if you already have a Melon account, the service can also verify it for you. They also sell Melon memberships. Once your account is verified, you can listen to songs that are for users who are 19 or over 19 years old.
Melon supports iOS, Mac, Android and Windows and you can download the Melon Player from the official website. However, Melon app is only available in the South Korean version of Google Play and App Store. You can change the region using a VPN. The below providers have servers in South Korea and offer great speeds, as well as solid performance.
NordVPN is a provider based in Panama that enjoys a good reputation in the VPN industry. Thanks to its strong encryption, advanced security and ultra fast servers, NordVPN will help you to defeat restrictions and get access to the content that you want. NordVPN has a zero logs policy and it supports features like Tor over VPN and double VPN encryption, which increase the security of your data considerably. You can connect to servers in over 60 countries.
ExpressVPN stands out for the fantastic speeds of its service. This provider is an ideal solution for streaming content because it has ultra-fast servers that will help you to enjoy content without issues. They have servers in over 90 countries, including South Korea and apart from being fast and reliable, ExpressVPN also offers strong security to keep your online traffic protected from eavesdroppers.
Private Internet Access
If you are looking for a solution that is affordable and effective, try PIA, a solid VPN that allows you to defeat restrictions so that you can enjoy international content without hassle. Compared to other providers, its global coverage is limited since it only has servers in 25 countries at the moment. However, it covers crucial location including South Korea. PIA is a highly secure VPN and it offers strong security features.
CyberGhost will allow you to reclaim your online freedom and it also protects your data from eavesdroppers and other threats. You can connect to over 3000 servers in more than 50 countries. One of the locations supported is South Korea, so you will be able able to create a Melon account, no matter where you are. CyberGhost is fast, efficient and it doesn’t keep logs. It offers a solid combination of security, speed and easy to use apps.
How to verify with korea phone number.
where do I register kakao account apart from the melon website itself because it keeps asking for my phone number when I’m a foreigner and don’t exactly have a korean phone number??????????