Are you an Android user and suddenly you came across an error message of Insufficient storage available every time you are downloading or updating an app from your Google Play Store? We understand how much you want to solve this issue but do not worry as through this article, we shall solve it together.
Insufficient storage available error message would often appear due to low internal storage on your Android phone or device like Samsung Galaxy Note (16GB built-in storage). Devices with such storage space would mean you only have a very small portion which would be dedicated to your system memory and the rest for data such as your USB Storage. Usually the built-in storage is partitioned and by default, there are already several Android apps which are installed on your system or phone memory. This could lead to having a low internal memory no matter how much space you have on your internal SD card. We understand how frustrating this could be, so to solve it, all you have to do is follow the steps provided below.
How to Free Up Internal Memory on Android Device
There are numerous ways and methods on how to free up your internal memory or solve the error message, ‘insufficient storage available’. Here are some of the methods which you could try on your device:
Delete Log Files
- Open your phone dialer
- Dial *#9900#
- Select the 2nd option
- Delete dumpstate/logcat on the prompted menu
- Select ok delete dump
- Then, exit
- This will restore your storage space as soon as it deletes all of your log files in your device memory
The steps above do not require any rooting.
Move Apps to USB Storage or External SD Card
- From the settings of your device, go to manage apps menu
- Select Move to USB Storage option
- If the above option is not available, you could use different third party apps such as App2 SD https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd and Link2SD for rooted devices https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD&hl=en
Clear App Cache and Data
- Go to Menu
- Select Settings
- Tap on applications
- Select manage applications
- Go to menu
- Select sort by size
- Open the highest memory consuming apps
- Clear cache or clear data
Clear All Cached App Data at Once for Android 4.2
- Go to Settings of your phone
- Open Storage
- Tap Cache data option
- You will be prompted with a message asking if you want to clear cache data for all apps, tap on ok
Change default installation location to SD card of all applications
Though we have not tried this method yet, it is still worth trying it.
Uninstall unused apps
- Remove all of your inactive apps in your phone memory and bloatware apps which are pre-installed on your device.
We hope that through this article, you were able to get useful information which you could use in solving the issue Insufficient Storage Available. You could also use the mentioned methods to free up your internal memory on your Android device. Let us know what you think and do not forget to leave us a comment.