If you already have your own M3U list, you can add it to the PVR IPTV client to watch channels. Whether you are using Kodi Jarvis or Krypton, here you will find the steps needed to set up PVR IPTV.
Setting up PVR IPTV Simple Client Kodi Jarvis
- Open Kodi, then depending on the skin you have, select System or Settings
- Select TV. If you have a version below 15.2, you will need to select Live TV, but it would be advisable to update.
- Select General, followed by Enabled. A pop-up will appear saying that there is no PVR Client enabled. Select OK.
- Scroll down until you see PVR IPTV Simple Client. Select it.
- Now select Enable and then, Configure.
- Go to General and select M3U Play List URL.
- Add your M3U URL to the address section. Then select OK twice.
- Reboot Kodi. After that, you will see TV (or Live TV if you are running an older version of Kodi) on the Home Screen.
- Open it to access the list of live channels
- Now you can select a channel, load it and play the content
That is all. The PVR Simple Client has to be setup with live TV streams available.
Setting up PVR IPTV Simple Client Kodi Jarvis Krypton
- Open Kodi and select TV, then Enter add-on browser
- Select PVR IPTV Simple Client, select Configure and then General
- Set Location to Remote Path (Internet Address) if you have a URL for your M3U list
- Select M3U Play List URL and enter the URL of your M3U Play List and select OK
- If there is an M3U text file stored locally on your network, computer or box, then you can set the Location to Local Path, including Local Network.
- Select M3U Play List URL
- Go to where the file is stored and select it. Then hit OK
- Select Enable. Allow some time of the notification of channels to load
- Go back to the Home Screen and select TV. You should see different categories, including Channels, Guide and Recordings.