OnePlus is one of the leading brands in the mobile phone industry. They have created beautifully designed, high quality mobile phone products that are hard to resist. They have launched products that surpasses one’s imagination with the first phone to use color shifting glass technology which allows the phone to change to transparency and giving it what they call “invisible camera”.
According to their site they have sold over a million units of their OnePlus 6 in less than a month and their other products are continuously gaining popularity all over the world. With their impressive phones, more and more people are shifting and buying their phones. However, just like other mobile phone brands, OnePlus is not an exception to risks and threats that the technology and internet world poses. Hence, it is important that you layer yourself with protection against data theft and boost your online privacy. To do this is very simple and straight-forward. All you have to do is subscribe to a Virtual Private Network or more commonly known as VPN.
A VPN is a tool that provides its users online protection by securing and keeping online data and activities private. This is made possible through their security features such as military grade encryption, providing new IP addresses and other security protocols. Aside from from the ability to protect your online data, a VPN also has the capability to bypass geographical restrictions which allows their subscribers to watch their favorite shows that are unavailable in the country that they currently at. With that said, if you want that extra layer of protection and have the ability to access restricted content such as streaming and gaming content, we highly recommend that you subscribe to a VPN.
The question now is, how do you setup a VPN on your OnePlus smartphone device? To learn more, read further through this article as we shall provide you a step by step guide on setting up your VPN.
How to install VPN on OnePlus through Play Store?
OnePlus smartphones run on Android OS. Hence, for you to be able to install your VPN on it, you will need to go through the easiest way of using Play Store. To do this all you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a reputable and strong VPN service provider. We highly recommend ExpressvpnVPN. You could check them out by visiting their site
- Once you have subscribed to their services, launch Play Store from your phone and search for ExpressVPN.
- Download PureVPN app on your OnePlus smartphone device.
- Launch the app
- Once you have launched the app, enter your login credentials which were provided to you by ExpressVPN when you have subscribed to their services.
- Connect to a VPN server of your choice and you are good to go.
How to manually setup your VPN on your OnePlus device?
Another way to setup VPN on your OnePlus is by doing it manually. If your preferred VPN service provider is not available in your local Play Store due to government restrictions, the manual method is highly recommended.
- Go to settings of your OnePlus smartphone device.
- Go to Wireless and Networks and tap on it.
- Select VPN and tap +
- A pop-up will appear stating Edit VPN profile. Enter your details as provided by your VPN.
- Once you see your new VPN profile on the list, tap on it.
- Enter your username and password
- Tap connect
- A confirmation icon will appear on your notification bar, once connection is successful.
Why should you subscribe and use a VPN for OnePlus?
- Online privacy- by using a VPN, you will be able to lessen internet online privacy risks and threats.
- Unblock streaming sites
- Bypass censorship imposed by institutions and governments.
Through this article, we hope we were able to guide you on how to setup your PureVPN on your OnePlus smartphone device. So, what are you waiting for? Subscribe now and protect yourself from online threats and risks.