How to use Kodi on iOS without jailbreak
Kodi holds a popular place as a media streaming solution and it can be used on multiple platforms including iOS. The media center allows you to access and manage a wide variety of content in one place and while in the past, iOS users had to jailbreak their devices in order to use Kodi, this is a thing of the past and nowadays, it is possible to enjoy all the great features that Kodi offers, without having to jailbreak the device. Now you can find Kodi on iTunes so you will be able to stream a variety of content without hassle. However, it is important to keep in mind that to access certain media you will need Kodi add-on and in some cases, there are geographical restrictions that may prevent you from accessing the content that you want.
It should also be noted that some Kodi add-ons offer access to copyrighted content, By using these add-ons, you could become a target for organizations that work to ensure that this media is not accessed without the required license. This is why it is always advisable to use a VPN with Kodi, regardless of the platform that you have. There are many different VPN services available, but before we discuss them, we will go through the process to install Kodi on your iOS device. You can follow the below steos to install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad.
Just keep in mind that before starting the setting up process, you will need a few applications. The first one is Xcode (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xcode/id497799835?mt=12), a free app that is available in the App Store. Then you need Kodi deb file, which you can find in this link http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/deb/. Finally, you need to download iOS App Signer from http://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer. This app can be downloaded for free, but a donation to support the developers is advised.
Installing Kodi on iOS devices without jailbreak
- After downloading and installing Xcode, open the app and plug your iOS device into your computer.
- Click the link that says “Create a new Xcode project” and go to Application option at the left view selection. Then choose Single View Application and continue by clicking next.
- Now you will need to enter a name for the app, for instance, Kodi. Then enter a uniqye name in the organization identifier filed and follow up with the app creation process.
- Select the platform in which you want to install Kodi, in this case, select iOS. You can select Universal to be able to use the app for multiple iOS devices.
- Select the finder location for Git repository that was previously downloaded. After you have selected this, don’t allow Xcode to access the contacts.
- You will see a message saying “no code singing identities found”. Click on “Add” and then sign up with your Apple ID. Select an development team and continue.
- Open App signer and choose the file that was saved while unzipping the file on desktop.
- Select Kodi from the input file field and then Kodi deb file, which you previously downloaded. All the fields will be filled up automatically. Continue until you see the Apple ID details and then enter the Application ID and other details requested.
- Press the start button to begin the signing function. Save as the field when asked and complete the installation process.
- App signer will unpack the data while saving the file. Then press Done Launch Xcode, click on Window button and choose Devices.
- You should now be able to see the device. Click on it and press hit + sign, which appears at the bottom-right section of the page.
- You will be required to select a file. Choose the one that was previously saved by App Signer. Then you will see Kodi in installed apps.
- The last step is to unplug the iOS device. Open Kodi and dismiss any error message that may appear. Once it has been successfully installed, you will have the chance to access Kodi without issues on your iOS.
VPNs for Kodi
Following the above steps will allow you to get Kodi on your iOS device without having to jailbreak it. Many people prefer not to jailbreak their device since this process involves some risks. If it is not done correctly, it could result in permanent damage for your iPhone or iPad. Once you have Kodi on your device, you can install a variety of add-ons that give you access to movies, TV shows, sports, live events and more. As previously mentioned, when using Kodi add-ons, it is advisable to use a VPN service to protect your identity and bypass restrictions. The below options are known for their speed, security and reliability.
ExpressVPN is one of the most popular VPN solutions available. It offers fantastic speeds and high security. It is a perfect option to enjoy a safe and versatile streaming experience with Kodi. They have servers in more than 90 countries, so you can easily bypass restrictions and access international content. No logs are kept of your online activities.
Security is one of the strongest points of NordVPN and the provider is recognized for offering advanced features like double encryption, Tor over VPN and a solid no logs policy. Your privacy will remain protected at all times and thanks to the ultra fast servers available, you can enjoy a seamless streaming experience.
Buffered is not only fast, but also easy to use and it is one of the options that can help you to defeat geo-blocks effectively. They have servers in over 30 countries and they don’t keep logs of your activities.