Twitch is a popular live gaming streaming platform which provides different types of entertainment including gaming, live esports competition, music broadcasts, IRL streams and many more to its users and viewers. Through this platform, you could also interact with other viewers through its chat rooms and even making streamer donations.
Unfortunately, Twitch cannot be watched nor accessed through your Xbox console, PlayStation or Android devices unless you would activate your Twitch account. However, keep in mind that activating your Twitch varies depending on the device you would like to access Twitch on. In this article, we shall provide you a guide on how to activate Twitch TV on PlayStation and other Android devices using the www.twitch.tv/activate link.
How to Activate Twitch TV: Xbox, PlayStation and Android
Twitch TV Activate on Xbox
- On your Xbox, navigate to Microsoft Store
- Search Twitch TV app
- Install it
- Open the Twitch app
- Sign into your account by entering your credentials
- On another device, open https/www.twitch.tv/activate on your browser
- Sign into your Twitch account
- Enter the activation code which is the 6-digit code which would appear on your Twitch app on your Xbox
- Click activate and you are good to go.
Twitch TV Activate on PlayStation
- Open PlayStation
- Navigate to your PlayStation Store
- Search for Twitch App
- Install the Twitch App
- Open the Twitch app and log into your account
- You would be given a six digit code. This is your activation code. Take note of it as you would need this late
- On a separate and different device, open https://twitch.tv/activate
- Sign into your Twitch account
- Enter the activation code that you got earlier
- Click Activate and you are good to go
Twitch TV Activation Procedure on Android
- Navigate to the official website of Twitch TV on your smartphone or tablet.
- Sign up and create a new Twitch TV account
- Enter your login information such as username, password and phone number
- Use valid mobile number
- You could also use your email account. To do this, click on use email instead button. Provide your email address
- Enter the six-digit verification code that you would receive on your phone or email address.
- Click submit to verify your code
- Click Done to confirm and you are good to go
- Download the Twitch TV app from Google PlayStore
- Log into your Twitch TV account and access different content
Twitch TV Activation Process on Amazon
- Turn on your Amazon Fire TV
- Go to your home screen
- Select search icon found on the upper left corner of the screen
- Type Twitch and select the Twitch app
- Select Get or Download
- Return to the home screen
- Click on the Twitch app once it has been installed
- Take note of the activation code
- Open a web browser on your computer or mobile phone
- Navigate to twitch.tv/activate
- Enter your activation code
- Click Activate
- Log into your Twitch account
- Use Twitch TV on your Amazon Fire TV and stream your favorite content
Twitch TV Activate: Troubleshooting
- Ensure that you have followed the activation steps correctly and ensure that the details that you have entered are correct.
- Try to clear your browser’s cache and cookies
- Try to log out of Twitch and log back in. Try to do this three times.
We hope that through this article, you are able to get useful information which you could use as a guide to activate your Twitch TV on your Xbox.