Best VPN for Freelancers and Remote Workers
When you are a freelancer who is working from home or desires to find a freelance job, having a VPN is a must as they use the internet all the time to conduct business. A VPN is necessary as it ensures all of your data, especially those that are sensitive are kept secure and private. Aside from that, you could also access free and open internet without having to worry about browsing.
Fast internet connection and communication are both requirements whenever you are working remotely. In addition to that, there are also numerous tools that remote workers and freelancers use and it is important that you are able to use communication and scheduling tools without any buffering and connection problems. Hence, a VPN is necessary for freelancers and remote workers to be able to do their jobs smoothly and without encountering much technical internet connection issues.
How to Choose a Good VPN?
When choosing a VPN, it is important that you consider all the benefits that it provides. Does it suit all your needs and the nature of your work? Does it ensure that all of your sensitive data are kept secured and private? Hence, to make it easier for you to make a decision in choosing the best VPN, we came up with a list of things that you should consider before subscribing.
- Fast connections – not all VPNs provide fast internet connection. In fact, most of them makes your connection slower.
- Strong Encryption – to keep your data and browsing history private and secured, you will need to check if your VPN has strong encryption features.
- No bandwidth and traffic limitations – Most free VPNs have bandwidth caps. Ensure that you subscribe to a VPN service provider that does not have any limitations and will allow you to browse freely.
- No logging policy – this is another security feature that ensures your browsing history is not recorded by your VPN service provider.
- Support different operating systems – ensure that your VPN is compatible to the operating system that your device is using.
Best VPN Service for Remote Workers
ExpressVPN is considered as one of the most powerful and widely used by most professionals. It provides fast internet connections and is known to be very reliable. It has around 3,000 servers located in about 94 countries and it offers strong encryption features with its 256-bit encryption and strict no logs policy. If you encounter any technical difficulties, they have a 24/7 live chat customer service which you could contact for assistance anytime.
IPVanish is probably the fastest VPN compared all VPNs. It comes with about 1,300 plus servers located all over the world and it has good, efficient and reliable security features such as strong 256-bit encryption, no logs policy, kill switch, leak protection from Smart DNS and IPv6 and continuous change of IP address. Aside from that this VPN could also auto reconnect in case you get disconnected and is compatible with Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, Windows Phone and Linux.
NordVPN is perfect for those who are highly concerned with security and privacy. It comes with about 5,500 servers located in about 60 countries worldwide. It has no logs policy, 256-bit encryption and double encryption feature for extra layer of security. It is compatible with Mac OS, Windows, iOS, Chrome OS, Android, Windows phone, browser extensions- Chrome and Firefox.
This VPN service provider is highly recommended to travelers especially to those who are going to China. Since China is a country that highly restricts and tracks numerous sites, VPN is a must VyprVPN comes with 256-bit encryption, no logs policy and has a chameleon protocol feature. Through this feature it could encrypt data and metadata. This VPN has about 700 servers in about 70 different countries and is compatible with Mac, Windows, Android and iOS.
Why is it difficult to access content from abroad?
One remedy when working remotely is to go to a café with an internet connection and work there. Unfortunately, there are sites that are geo-restricted which blocks you from accessing certain important sites. Aside from that, there are sites that uses region locking which means, you are only allowed to access sites that the country you are in allows you to.
Using VPN to Get Around Region Locks
To unblock region locked sites, the use of VPN is a perfect solution. It offers you a different IP address which allows you to be seen as someone accessing the site in another location that the site allows connection.
Other Reasons to Use VPN
- It protects your connection from being hacked whenever you use public WiFi.
- Preserve your privacy- when you use internet, it is easy for anyone to track what sites you have visited and could easily access your information and data.
- Download files safely- whenever you are traveling it is important for you to be careful whenever you are downloading files or websites as it is difficult to know which of them are legal. Using a VPN could encrypt your traffic and even hide your download activities.