Yes Movies Installation Guide
Mucky Duck is the developer behind Yes Movies, a Kodi add-on that enables you to access movies and TV shows in an easy way. One of the best things about Yes Movies is that it offers a wide variety of sections organized in a way that allows you to find what you want and you can even get an overview of the quality of the streams that are available. Mucky Duck offers other add-ons apart from Yes Movies, but here we’ll focus on this solution that gives you the chance to find a lot of content for free. Before we start with the installation guide that will allow you to enjoy Yes Movies on your device, there are a few things that you need to consider about Yes Movies and similar add-ons.
Is Yes Movies safe to use?
Yes Movies is a convenient solution for Kodi users who want to get access to a larger selection of movies, TV shows and more. However, it is not an official Kodi add-on, which means that it is not supported by Kodi’s developers. You won’t be able to contact the Kodi team to get support for this add-on, but you may be able to reach the developer directly via social media or online forums. With third-party add-ons like Yes Movies, it is also important to be extra careful. Some of them can contain malware so before you install them, make sure that you read review from users and more information in related online forums.
Why you need to use a VPN
Apart from the above, it is important to keep in mind that Yes Movies gathers content mainly from unofficial sources. That means that while you are able to access premium movies and TV shows, the sources from which they are gathered may not be licensed which means that the content is pirated. If you don’t want any issues with copyright holders, the best choice is to opt for a well-known paid service that is licensed to offer the content. Unfortunately in some cases, this is not an option, which is why many people are still looking for free Kodi add-ons that enable them to stream the content that they really want to watch.
It should be noted that there is a vast selection of Kodi add-ons available, but third-party add-ons that provide access to copyrighted content are blocked in many locations. In order to defeat the restrictions and enjoy movies and TV shows via Yes Movies and similar add-ons, the best solution is to use a VPN. A VPN allows you to change your IP address because when you connect to a VPN server, your real IP address is replaced with the VPN one. If you connect to a server in the United States, you will get a US IP, even of you are in a different country. This allows you to access content that is available outside your location.
Another advantage of using a VPN is that it encrypts your online traffic, which prevents others from seeing what you are doing online. All your activities remain private thanks to the protection that a VPN offers. Since your IP address is changed, other people can’t trace you. You can enjoy online freedom and protect your data from eavesdroppers and anyone who tries to monitor your activities. You will find a long list of providers in the market, but we recommend you to use reliable options like ExpressVPN, IPVanish, Private Internet Access and NordVPN. These services offer great speeds, high security and they don’t keep logs of your online traffic.
How to install Yes Movies
Yes Movies can be found under the Mucky Duck’s repo. If you have already installed it, you can skip the first steps.
- Select File Manager under System from your main menu screen
- Double click Add Source
- Press the indication that you will see on the pop up window that appears
- Enter the repository URL like this: http://muckys.mediaportal4kodi.ml the click Done
- The repo needs to be named. Click the empty space under Enter a name for this media source. In this case, you can call the repository .MuckyDuck or any other name that you can recognize. A small dot has to be added at the start to ensure that you don’t mix it with local folders since Kodi keep and alphabetical order for the media sources. Enter the name (.MuckyDuck) and select Done. The click OK.
- Now you should see that .MuckyDuck has been added to your media sources. If you get a message stating that your system is unable to connect to the media source, verify the URL that you typed for the repo and ensure that it is correct. If it is correct, check that your internet connection is working. If you confirmed that those are not the issues, it is possible that the media source is down temporarily and in that case, you may have to proceed with the installation once the URL is active.
- Go back to your main screen and select Add-ons from the System menu.
- Select Install from zip file
- Click on .MuckyDuck or the name that you selected for this repo
- Select repository.mdrepo-1.0.2.zip. It is possible that this version has been updated.
- Allow some time for the installation to be completed. Once it is done, you will see a message letting you know that the add-on is enabled. The location where the message appears on your screen depends on the Skin or Build that you have.
- Next, select Install from repository
- You will be able to see all the Repositories installed in your system. Select Mucky Ducks Repo
- Then, click Video add-ons. You will see a catalog of the add-ons that can be installed in the system from the repository. Select Yes Movies here.
- Once the add-on menu opens, click Install
- Keep in mind that the installation can take a few minutes. Once it is finished, a message stating Add-on enabled will appear. Once again, the location of the message depends on the Skin or Build that you have. You will also see the indication Enabled next to the add-on.
- Now Yes Movies is installed in your system and you will be able to find it in your Video add-ons.