We understand how it is very frustrating to encounter and experience errors on your devices. Do not worry as though we will not be able to discuss each and every existing error but through this article we shall try our very best to guide and help you solve one of the most annoying errors that drives Android users crazy lately.
If you are a Huawei user, you know what we are talking about. You must have encountered one time or another the error camera is in use at the moment. com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox: interactor is unable to register. This error often appears when you use other apps such as Whatsapp – whenever you try to send a voice message or check your status and stories on Facebook, etc. The reason that this error occurs is due to Google Now and with that in mind, we shall now discuss how to solve the error mentioned above.
1. Delete the latest update
This method allows you to delete and remove the latest update of Google app. In most cases, this method resolves the issue of error: Camera is in use at the moment. com.google.googlequicksearchbox:interactor is unable to register. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings of your phone
- Go to All application or where you will find the list of your installed apps.
- Search and look for Google on the list to access it
- Click uninstall updates
- Once done, your application should still continue but take note that it will not be the updated latest version. This should stop the error as well.
To ensure that your google app will not update automatically, you will need to disable the automatic updates from Google Play Store. To do this, all you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Go to Google Play Store
- Go and tap on the three horizontal bars found on top left portion of the screen.
- Tap on Settings
- Type in the item Automatic app update
- Select Do not automatically update apps
Following these steps will ensure you that your device will not automatically update any of your apps but rather it will ask you to do it manually.
2. Disable Ok Google
This is another method that could solve and fix the error Camera is in use at the moment. com.google.googlequicksearchbox:interactor is unable to register.
- Open Google app
- Tap on the icon with 3 horizontal lines
- Select the item on Settings
- Log into the item
- Enter Ok Google detection
- Turn off voice by toggle the switch to off of From the Google App.
3. Deny access to microphone by Google app
If the method above does not work, try this method. Take note that by doing the steps below, your google voice commands can no longer be used.
- Go to settings of your phone
- Go to All applications or where your apps are listed
- Scroll down and look for Google apps
- Access Google apps
- Go to Permissions
- Uncheck voice microphone
4. Clean up the cache with Wipe Cache Partition
This method is recommended for those who cannot delete or disable Google. Deleting the cache stored through a Wipe performed by Recovery mode could do the trick.
- Switch off your phone
- Enter recovery mode. This could be done by holding down simultaneously the Volume up button and the power button.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, use volume keys to navigate the voices until you are able to Wipe Cache Partition.
- Once done, restart your device
5. Remove Google App
If you do not use your Google App, we suggest that you remove or delete it from your phone. Since Google app is the cause of the mentioned error, if you do not have to use google app, deleting it will definitely solve the problem.
6. Restore Factory settings
Another method you could do is to restore your factory settings. Take note however, if you choose to do this, all of your personal contents and apps will be removed. It will go back to how it was when you first got your phone. Hence, before doing this, we highly recommend that you back up your important data, apps, documents, photos, contacts and videos.
- Go to settings
- Go to backup and restore
- Tap on Factory data reset
- Start the procedure and once done your OS will be set to factory condition.
We hope that through the guide and methods provided in this article, we were able to help you solve the error, Camera is in use. At the moment com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox: interactor is unable to register.