A great alternative to cable TV, DirecTV is a direct broadcast satellite service which provides their subscribers TV shows that they love. They have a solid platform and they offer their subscribers competitive channel packages. Though their services are reliable, there are a few instances where some issues occur. In this article, we shall discuss how to troubleshoot DirecTV error code 775.
How to Fix DirecTV Error Code 775 issue?
Error Code 775 is an error which means that your DirecTV receive could not reach or communicate with the satellite dish. This error is something you could or even might have experienced with your DirecTV subscription. To solve this problem, all you have to do is follow the steps below.
1. Check for any loose connections
One of the most usual reason why some would encounter or experience the error code 775 is because of loose connection cables on the device. To solve this, follow the steps below:
- Go to the back of your DirecTV device or receiver.
- Check each connection on the back for loose and/or not correctly connected. Check the satellite in or SAT in connection.
- Ensure that every single connection on the back of DirecTV receiver is secured and correctly seated
- Turn on your television back and check if the DirecTV error code 775 problem still persist.
2. Check the swim power inserter
There are some subscribers of DirecTV that has a swim power inserter aside from the DirecTV receiver and satellite dish. If you are one of them, you will have to ensure that the swim power inserter is plugged to a power source. Check and follow the steps below. This way you could eliminate if the mentioned reason is the cause why you are encountering the error code 775.
- Unplug the Swim power inserter from your power outlet.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Plug again the swim power inserter back to the power outlet and ensure that it is turned on.
- If that does not work, try plug it to another power outlet to ensure that it is not your power outlet that has the issue.
3. Call technical support
If the problem or error still persists, we recommend that you call their technical support through their technical support hotline at 1-800-531-5000.
Though DirecTV comes with a solid platform, there are times that some subscribers could encounter and experience the error code 775 which means that their DirecTV receiver is not able to reach or communicate with the satellite. Through this article, we have discussed several reasons why this error could happen and provided some step by step solutions to address the mentioned issue. We hope that through this guide, we were able to help you resolve this inconvenience and issue of error code 775. If the problem still persists after you have tried everything, do not fret as they have a technical support which will be glad to help you out.