How iOS Users can Stream Movie Torrents
Popcorn Time was launched in 2014 and it quickly became a favorite streaming solution for users around the globe, thanks to its variety of content and user-friendly interface. With Popcorn Time, it is possible to stream a movie or TV series directly to your computer, smart TV or mobile device. While the original Popcorn Time was shut down, the open source of the project has ensured that new versions appear. For a while, iOS users were not able to use this application, but now there are some options that offer the same functionality of Popcorn Time and that work on iPads or iPhones. If you own an iOS device, you can stream movie and TV torrents using the below options.
Time4Popcorn is a popular fork based on the Popcorn Time code and it can be used on iOS devices. However, it is important to keep in mind that since this is not an app available from the App Store (you can only get it from Cydia), you will need to jailbreak your device in order to be able to install it. Time4Popcorn comes with a built-in VPN service that is meant to enable access to its encrypted BitTorrent sources on jaulbroken iOS devices.
Although the creators of Time4Popcorn have announced that they are working on a solution that will allow users to install the app without having to jailbreak their iPad/iPhone, there is something else that you can try in the meantime. This method works for iOS 8 and it involves a simple trick to go back in time. You can follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings in your iOS device and then to General. Tap “Date & Time” and then turn off “Set Automatically” and change the date to September 20, 2014
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone/iPad and go to: http://www.pgyer.com/timeforpopcorn and download and click “Install App for iOS” to install Popcorn Time on your device.
- Switch off WiFi and install the Popcorn Time app, then open it.
- Change the time back to automatic and turn WiFi on to connect to internet.
Although MovieBox is not related to Popcorn Time, it works in a similar way and also allows you to stream movie and TV torrents directly to your iPad or iPhone. The good news is that you don’t need to jailbreak the device in order to use this app. You can follow the below steps to install MovieBox on devices running iOS 9.2.1:
- Go to Settings, then Safari and Tap “Clear History and Website Data”.
- Open the Safari Browser and go to: https://ipa.othman.cc/ipa/mbox.php
- To download and install the latest version of MovieBox, click “Install App v3.3.7” and then click “Install” once again to confirm
- You can go to homescreen on your device to confirm that MovieBox app in being installed on your device. The installation would take a few minutes and before it is completed, you will need to verify the developer. For this, go to Settings, then General, Device Management, followed by “Huawei” and then tap Trust “Huawei”. Tap “Trust” once again to complete the verification.
- Once MovieBox is installed on your device, you can open the app and stream movies, music videos, TV series and more.