If the remote computer is unable to connect, you may come across Error 628, a message letting you know that the connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed. Given that the error is caused by connectivity issues, you may also come across it as “Modem Error 628”. If as previously mentioned, the Error states that “The Connection Was Terminated by The Remote Computer Before It Could Be Completed” and you see two buttons, it is likely that you are facing a hardware driver issue.
There are other causes for Error 628 including loss of Network signals, fault in the modem driver, blockage related to a firewall and an antivirus that is causing interference in the network. In some cases, the issue can be the results of poor signals when mobile broadband connection is in use. The good news is that Error 628 doesn’t affect your computer directly and it can be fixed easily. You just need to follow the below steps:
- In order to address VPN Error 628, it is important to check that your phone line is working, given that the issue can be caused by a dial up or modem problem.
- Another point to consider is that VPN technology is regularly being updated and it is important to ensure that you have the latest version of the firmware of your router or modem.
- VPN Error 628 may also appear when you enter the wrong login information. Check that the username and password entered are correct.
- If you are still having issues, you can uninstall the Modem and then install it again
- Another thing you can do is to make sure that RAs is active. Once RAS is enabled, you can perform a check on the Firewall and router settings to ensure that GRE is also active.
Many users may come across VPN Error 628 since it is a common issue. However, the above tips can help to fix the error and to re-establish the connection without hassle.