Customization is a strong aspect of Kodi. Take for example, Ares Wizard, one of the most popular options in the Kodi universe. It contains hundreds of builds that you can download. With so many options, it can be difficult to choose which one to download. Although the builds are listed according to the number of downloads, which tells you just how popular a particular build is, this shouldn’t be the only thing you consider when making a choice. Even if a build doesn’t have as many downloads, it may still be worth considering. Before we start with this guide that will allow you to install Kodi builds via Ares Wizard, just make sure that you have Ares Wizard installed. Also, we recommend that you use a VPN service. This will ensure that your entire traffic is protected from eavesdroppers, hackers and other threats. VPNs are excellent privacy tools and they can also improve your streaming experience, thanks to the fact that they can help you to overcome geographical restrictions and censorship.
How to install builds
Regardless of the build, the installation process is pretty much the same, or at least, very similar. In general, you need to fresh start to clear out the previous build. If you don’t do it, you may face other issues. Ares Wizard has a fresh start option in every build area to make things easier. The process that we outline here will remove any past installs, as well as account logins and favorites. However, they can be saved, as we will see later on.
In the case of Build with Pin codes, an additional procedure needs to be followed. The process is described after the main dialogue. No Build Listed – If you can’t see builds, it is likely that the ISP blocks are preventing you from seeing the list.
If there is no Pin Shown – In this case, it is also likely that ISP blocks are stopping you from seeing the list.
- Launch Ares Wizard
- Click Browse Builds
- Select a build. If there is a build already installed, click Fresh Start. This will remove anything that is remaining and will prevent issues.
- After completing the Fresh Start, reboot Kodi. Allow some time for Kodi to update.
- Click Install on the build you have selected. The build will be downloaded to your device and once the download is completed, the zip file will be extracted.
- After the extraction is completed, GUI Backup System will appear. The option will backup the GUI settings. This is the build “skin”, which means that it is what the build looks like.
- If you switch your device on, and it goes back to the basic default Kodi, it is possible to come back to your build and use the repair option. You will need to select backup now to activate the repair option.
- The next step is to force close. There is an advanced force close system in Ares Wizard and it is possible to close out on the majority of devices. If you press the OK button and Kodi doesn’t stop, you will need to unplug the device. This should only be done as the last resort, but in most cases, it wouldn’t be necessary.
That is all. Now your build is installed. The process should only take a few minutes, even if you don’t have previous experience. It is fast and simple. If you want to change or try other builds, you just need to repeat the process previously mentioned. There are many options to select from.
In the case of builds that use Pin codes
If you select a build that uses pin code, a new screen will appear. In order to get a pin code, there are some simple options to try.
- Get Pin – If your device has a browser, this is the best method to try.
- Scan the QR code from a mobile device
- It is possible to enter the URL to see http://bit.ly/buildpin then press Get Pin.
Keep in mind that some devices have a browser already installed and it is not necessary to install Chrome. Click get pin and the browser will open if it is available.
- Enter the PIN number that is displayed at http://bit.ly/getbuild_pin.
- Enter the pin code. You will need to wait about 20 minutes for the change to be completed.
You will be able to access the builds list of any build that uses Ares Wizard pin codes. You can follow the initial part of the guide to install the build.
Keep in mind that Ares Wizard is not supported by the official Kodi team. If you need assistance, you will need to check the Ares Forums, instead of the Kodi ones. It is advisable to always use a VPN when using Kodi , We recommend ExpressVPN.