YouTube is without a doubt, the leading streaming platform in the world, but unfortunately, it is not available on Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick anymore. This is due to a decision made by Google, after a disagreement with Amazon. Google claims that while it tried to negotiate with Amazon, the latter is not willing to offer Chromecast and other Google products. The beef between these tech giants has resulted in Amazon device owners, not been able to enjoy YouTube on FireStick. The good news is that there is a way to sideload YouTube on your FireStick so that you can enjoy your favorite videos. Since the start of 2018, it is not possible to find YouTube on FireStick and Amazon users who try to watch YouTube get a notification letting them know that the streaming platform is not available to them.
What can you do to watch YouTube on Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick?
There is a new official version of Mozilla Firefox and it is available on the Fire TV Stick. In the browser, you will find a bookmark that lets you access YouTube on FireStick. Here is what you need to do to install FireFox and then enjoy YouTube on FireStick.
1. Open your FireT TV and select the Search function
2. Look for Firefox
3. Select the Firefox icon and then select Get
4. Click on Download and wait for the download process to be completed.
5. After the browser has been downloaded and installed, open Firefox for Fire TV on FireStick.
6. Select the YouTube bookmark. Then, you will be required to sign into YouTube with your Google account.
7. Go to youtube.com/activate and then enter the code you see on your Fire TV screen. You will only need to do this the first time you open YouTube via Firefox on your Fire Stick.
8. After you complete the process, the YouTube app will open via Firefox on the Fire TV Stick.
9. Firefox allows you to access YouTube on Fire TV in just a couple of clicks. Then you can sign into the YouTube app with your Google account and use the search function too. However, it should be mentioned that at the moment, it is not possible to use this method to cast YouTube videos from your smartphone to your FireStick.
How to install YouTube on Fire Stick with ES File
It is possible to sideload the YouTube app on the Firestick following a few workarounds. The first of all is to use ES File Explorer.
1. Go to Settings on Amazon FireStick and then to System, followed by Developer Options.
2. Enable Allow apps from Unknown Sources
3. Go to the main menu inn the Fire Stick and then to Search
4. Type in ES Explorer
5. Select the ES Explorer app icon to download and install it
6. Open the ES Explorer app
7. Go to Tools from the ES Explorer menu, then select Download Manager in the left-hand menu.
8. Click on + New from the bottom menu.
9. Type http://bit.ly/2DwAApm in Path and click OK.
10. Enter YouTube in the Name field and then select Download Now.
11. This will start the installation process. Once the YouTube apk file is downloaded, you will need to click on Open file and install it on your FireStick.
12. Return to your FireStick homescreen
13. Open the YouTube app on your FireStick.
How to sideload YouTube app on Fire Stick using Downloader
There is an alternative solution to get YouTube on Fire Stick. You can use Downloader following the below steps:
1. Go to Settings, then select Device and Developers Options.
2. Enable Allow apps from Unknown Sources
3. Go to Search from the Amazon Fire Stick main menu
4. Type in Downloader and then click on the Downloader app icon to start the downloading and installation process.
5. Open the Downloader app
6. In the Downloader app main menu, enter this URL: http://bit.ly/2DwAApm and then click Go.
7. The YouTube installation file will start to download. After the YouTube app download process is completed, you will be able to install it on your Amazon Fire TV.
8. Click on Open to Launch the YouTube app on your Fire Stick.
How to install YouTube Kodi Addon
If you have previously installed on your FireStick, you will be able to setup the YouTube Kodi add-on on the device. This is another method to enjoy YouTube on your Fire Stick because you can rely on the addon, instead of having to install the app.
Best VPN for FireStick
The majority of addons and apps on FireStick are subject to specific regions. This means that if you try to access content from a different location to the one that is supported, you will come across error messages. You can bypass the blocks with the help of a VPN. This will allow you to mask your real IP address and appear as if you were using the addon from a different location. A VPN lets you overcome restrictions since it gives you a different virtual location. If you are outside the United States and want to access content that is only available in that country, you can simply connect to a VPN server in the United States.
VPNs not only allow you to change your IP address and location to overcome restrictions. The fact that a VPN disguises your real location, also means that it allows you to stream content anonymously. VPNs also use encryption to protect your information. Others won’t see what you are doing online and there are many options available. We recommend ExpressVPN, NordVPN, IPVanish and Private Internet Access. These providers stand out due to high quality of their software, their fast speeds, high standards of security and commitment to privacy as they don’t keep log of your activities.