Dailymotion is one of the most popular streaming platforms. Through this platform, you will be able to access your favorite music, watch your favorite sports and live news. Moreover, just like YouTube and Facebook Videos, Dailymotion comes with thousands of videos that are being uploaded and streamed daily.
Dailymotion is compatible and is supported on numerous different devices. However, unfortunately for Roku device owners, Dailymotion is not accessible on Roku. Though this is the case, do not worry as there are ways for you to still be able to watch Dailymotion on your Roku device and through this article, we shall provide you a guide on how to do it.
One way for you to be able to watch Dailymotion on Roku is through mirroring and before you could mirror on your Roku, you will have to enable your Screen Mirroring feature on your Roku.
- Turn your Roku on.
- Go to Settings
- Select System
- Select Screen Mirroring
- Select Always allow
How to Watch Dailymotion Videos on Roku
Dailymotion on Roku Using Android
- Download Dailymotion app on your Android phone
- Go to your notification screen
- Tap on the Cast icon
- Go to settings
- Select Connected Devices
- Select connection preference
- Tap on cast
- Tap on the three dotted icon/menu found on the top right corner
- Check the box of Enable Wireless Display
- Select your Roku device
- Warning notification will appear, tap Start now
- Your mobile screen will then be mirrored on your TV
- Open Dailymotion app
Dailymotion on Roku Using Windows PC or Laptop
- Click on notification icon found on the bottom right corner of the screen
- Click connect on the action centre
- Select Roku device from the list of devices
- Once your desktop screen is mirrored on your Roku connected TV, open a browser on your computer and go to dailymotion.com and start streaming your favorite videos on dailymotion.
Dailymotion on Roku Using iPhone and Mac
Roku devices have started to support and receive through Airplay. Here are some of the supported models:
- Roku TV – Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx.
- Streambar – 9120.
- Ultra – 4800, 4670, 4661, 4662, 4660, 4640.
- Smart Soundbar – 9101, 9100.
- Premiere – 4630, 4620, 3920.
- Streaming Stick + -3811, 3810.
If your device supports Airplay, enable your Airplay function.
- Go to Settings
- Select Apple AirPlay and HomeKit
- Select Apple AirPlay and HomeKit settings
- Turn on your AirPlay feature.
- Download Dailymotion app on your iPhone or iPad through the App Store
- Go and open Control Center
- Tap the screen mirroring option
- Select Roku device
- Once your iPhone has been mirrored on your Roku-connected TV, open Dailymotion app
- Start streaming Dailymotion and enjoy your favorite videos.
- On the menu bar, click on the AirPlay icon
- Select Roku device from the list of devices that will appear on your screen.
- Once the connection has been successful, your mac will then be mirrored on your Roku connected TV
- Open browser and enter dailymotion.com
- Start streaming and enjoy your favorite videos
We hope that through this article, you were able to get useful information which you could use as a guide on how to watch dailymotion on your Roku device.