CyberGhost is a well-known, reputable, trusted and reliable VPN service provider. Their services and offered features are perfect for streaming videos and unblocking geographical restricted content. Not only that, with CyberGhost’s continuous effort to bring the best services to their subscribers, they have released an app version that is compatible with Amazon Fire TV. In other words, you could now install their app on any recent Fire TV device including Fire TV cube and Fire TV Sticks. You could get this offer at a special rate of 70 percent discount at their site – https://www.cyberghostvpn.com
To install CyberGhost on Fire TV, all you have to do is follow the steps below:
- From Home, you will have to go to the magnifying glass icon. This will bring you to the search bar.
- Search CyberGhost. Once results are listed, click on the first result, “CyberGhost”.
- Click on the yellow button that says Get. This button will download and install CyberGhost app.
- Once the app has been installed, the yellow get button will change to Open.
- Click Open to launch the app.
- Click Agree to the terms of the services and allow VPN access. Once you see the prompt that says you allow CyberGhost to set up a VPN connection, all you have to do is to click OK.
- Enter CyberGhost account username and password and click Log in.
- Click “Slider”. This will initiate connection to an automatic server or your selected server which you could choose from their dropdown feature.
Take note, that if you wish to use CyberGhost on another device, you may do so. However, CyberGhost only allows its subscribers to a maximum of seven devices which could be used simultaneously per one account. If you exceed this limit, CyberGhost will notify you that you will need to remove all of your other devices from your account. Do not fret, as this is not permanent. You will still be able to add and remove devices at any time you wish.
If you do not to remove all of your other devices that are connected to CyberGhost, you could remove one device at a time by logging into your account dashboard on the website from your computer or your smartphone.
CyberGhost for Amazon Fire TV
As mentioned earlier, CyberGhost has the ability to circumvent and unblock geographical restrictions on content and streaming sites such as US Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime and many more. Not only that, it could also work on Kodi and Amazon Fire devices as well.
In addition to that, CyberGhost ensures they implement and maintain strict no logs policy which means, they do not record your browsing history or your internet activities. Their connection speed is also fast and they offer their subscribers huge enough bandwidth which will allow you to stream in high quality without experiencing any buffers and lags.
CyberGhost apps are compatible with operating systems like MacOS, iOS, Windows and Android.
CyberGhost for Older Fire TV Devices
If you are one of those who has the older Fire device, first-generation Firestick, your CyberGhost app might not work for you. But, do not fret, as all you have to do is either configure CyberGhost on your WiFi router or you could also set up a VPN protected virtual router on your laptop.
You will have to note, though, that configuring a VPN on a router depends on the model and firmware of your router. There are some firmware routers that may not be compatible or might not support VPNs. Hence, you will need to replace the firmware with an open-source alternative like DD-WRT or Tomato. If you will do this, we recommend for you to be cautious since replacing firmware called flashing could permanently damage your router if you do not do the process correctly.
If you wish to set up a virtual WiFi router, which is less risky and easier, all you have to do is to follow the guide below.
How to make a VPN protected WiFi Hotspot on Windows 10?
- Beside the windows icon, click on the magnifying glass.
- Type hotspot on search.
- Choose change mobile hotspot settings.
- Enable Mobile hotspot.
- Scroll down, look for Share my internet connection and click “over WiFi”
- Below Network Band, click Edit.
- Change network name, encode your password and click on save.
- Scroll down to Related Settings, click on change adapter options.
- Look for CyberGhost Tap adapter, right click and go to properties.
- Go to the Sharing Tab, check on allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.
- Under Home networking connection, scroll down and choose the connection that you have created.
- Click ok
- Click CyberGhost and check if your VPN is on.