How to Install iOS apps that aren’t available in your location
There are amazing apps that are specifically designed for iOS and that take full advantage of the advanced technology that Apple supports on its mobile platform. The problem is that some of these apps are subject to geographical restrictions. This means that they are not available all over the world, but only in certain locations. The version of the App Store that you can add is connected to the country in which you have registered your account. The US App Store offers access to an extensive selection of apps and many of them are only available there. The issue is that even if you are in the United States, the fact that you originally created your account in another country can still affect you. This is because your account remains linked to the country in which it was set up.
If you are a regular travel. or simply want to be able to access any app that you want, regardless of where you are, you probably want to find away to defeat these restrictions. After all, even if you are in the US and your account is registered there, some apps can only be found in App Stores in other locations. The good news is that there is indeed a way to bypass restrictions and get the apps that you want, no matter where you are. It is possible to get around the blocks and download any app, even if it is not available in the version of the App Store that is supported in your country. This is a solution that is simple and effective at the same time. Here we will take a look at what you can do to overcome the blocks.
What are the steps that you need to follow?
- Let’s say that you want to download a streaming app that is only available in the United States. You will start by looking for the app in the App Store and if you are logged into your account, you will need to log out of it.
- You will see a list of options and there, you need to scroll down the page until you see the Change Country option. Select it and then choose the country where the app you want is available. If you want to download an app from the US, select that country in this case.
- Next, look for the specific app that you wish to get. A message asking you to sign in with your Apple ID will appear when you attempt to install the app. Instead of logging in, you will need to select the Create New Account option.
- Now you need to enter the information required and accept the terms and conditions. Make sure to use a new email address and not the one that is linked to your original Apple ID.
- In the Payment Methods section, select None in the Credit Card area. Although you need to enter an address from the country you are creating an account in (in this case, United States), the truth is that Apple won’t try to confirm that this is your address. You can simply search Google for a public address in that country, or use a website like https://www.fakeaddressgenerator.com/World/us_address_generator where you can get a valid looking address.
- After that, you will get a verification email from Apple. You just need to click on the link in that email and your new Apple ID will be ready to be used. Now you can try to install again the app that you want and you shouldn’t come across any issues.
- Using the same process will allow you to download any free app from any location around the world. The downside is that this process is only effective when it comes to downloading free apps. Paid apps require a credit card that is registered in the same country so unless you have a US card, you won’t be able to register it in your US account to buy apps.
How to use apps that are not available in your location’s App Store
Once you have downloaded the app, the next challenge is to be able to use it. Even if you are able to install it on your device, it doesn’t mean that it will work smoothly. This is particularly true with streaming apps as they use technology that aims to ensure that only those in supported locations can use the app.
Thankfully, you can get around the blocks with the help of a VPN service. Using a VPN and then connecting to a server in the United States will allow you to get an IP address from that country. This will make it look as if you were there.
VPNs mask your location, giving you a new one, as far as what websites, apps and other parties can see. Your real IP address will be hidden, which also means that a VPN is a good solution if you want to enjoy content without exposing your identity.
First you need to select a VPN, making sure that it has servers in the country you wish to connect to. Most VPNs have servers in the United States so you shouldn’t have a problem getting a US IP address that lets you access apps that are only available in that country. Once you connect to a server in the country of your choice, you will get an IP address from that location. This will grant you access to apps and other content that is available there.
Another advantage of using a VPN is that it protect your data from eavesdroppers. It does this by adding encryption to your connection, preventing others from seeing what you are doing online. The apps you download, the websites you visit and everything else will remain private. There are many VPNs available, but we recommend to try names like Sufshark, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, NordVPN, HideMyAss and IPVanish as they offer an extensive list of servers, good speeds, as well as high quality iOS apps.