The Ashes Cricket series is giving England another chance to win another match. With the series having 32 wins on each side and five draws, England has a huge work ahead of them specially with Australia having back to back victories in the last two cricket series.
The Ashes 2019 will be done and held in England. This means, England will have a home field advantage. We know you are excited to watch the most awaited cricket series as we are. Fortunately, you will no longer have to wait as the first matches will start on August 1 to 5 and the final matches on September 12 to 16.
To be able to watch the Ashes 2019 Cricket Live, online anywhere, you will need to use a VPN. We highly recommend the best three VPN service provider below:
- ExpressVPN – is the most popular, widely used and is considered as the most trusted VPN service provider by many. Their services start at a price of $6.67 and offers around 160 server locations. With this VPN, you won’t have to worry about privacy as they do not log any of your browsing history and you won’t also have to mind about the security of your connection as they top of the line encryption features. In addition to that, they have browser extensions and Smart DNS.
- NordVPN – is well-known for its lighting speed connection. This VPN service provider is one of the best VPNs for streaming videos and movies. It also ensures that you will be able to watch all of your favorite shows anytime and anywhere you are. It could bypass any geo-restricted sites and has unlimited bandwidth. This VPN has about 87 server locations worldwide.
- CyberGhost – has been in the industry for about 15 years and has never failed its customers in terms of providing a way for them to be able to watch their favorite shows. It could bypass any geo-restricted sites and censorships. It could also ensure your privacy and make your connection secured through its military grade encryption features. CyberGhost offers its services at a starting price of $2.75 with about 82 server locations.
How to Watch The Ashes Anywhere?
- Sign up with ExpressVPN. This service provider offers a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Download ExpressVPN app.
- Install the VPN app on your device.
- Connect to VPN server in Australia for 9Now coverage.
- Start watching and enjoy live streaming.
The Ashes 2019 Schedule:
As mentioned above, this year, the Ashes will be held in United Kingdom and its games and matches will be hosted in different locations and venues:
- August 1 to 5 – Edgbaston, Birmingham
- August 14 to 18- Lord’s, London
- August 22 to 26- Headingley, Leeds
- September 4 to 8- Old Trafford, Manchester
- September 12 to 16- The Oval, London
With Cricket being widely popular and has been one of the most watched games, matches will be most likely be covered by large broadcasting companies. However, if you are outside of United Kingdom, it is highly suggested to use a VPN to sign up for a Sky Sports Pass from NOW TV. They offer daily passes for about 6.99 and 10.99 for weekly passes. To avoid being geo-blocked from watching The Ashes, a VPN is a must.
Aside from being able to watch The Ashes on Sky Sports, you will also be able to listen to BBC Radio 5 in UK and ABC Radio in Australia. Channel 5 will also be able to provide you daily updates and highlights of the matches and games. For those who are using the internet, you will also be able to read updates through the BBC Sport website and ESPN Cricinfo.
For Australian viewers on the other hand, you will be able to catch the exciting matches through Nine Network. All you have to do is to download Cricket Australia Live mobile app on your Android or iOS device. This is offered for only 4.99 for a day or 29.99 for a year subscription.
How to Use a VPN to Watch the Ashes?
To watch The Ashes, all you have to do is to download your preferred VPN client. In this case, we highly recommend ExpressVPN since ExpressVPN comes with free client software for Linux, Windows and Mac, the mentioned VPN service provider is your best bet. Moreover, it is also available on iOS and Android.
After downloading and installing your VPN, all you have to do is to connect by launching ExpressVPN client. Then, select a server location of your choice.
Using VPN on Windows:
- Select a server location of your choice. For Sky Sports Pass, select a UK or London server.
- Select OpenVPN (TCP) or (UDP). For streaming videos, we highly recommend that you use UDP as it is faster than TCP. Aside from that, they also support PPTP, SSTP and L2TP.
- Click the round connect button and wait for a few seconds. Once you see the shield button turn to green, this means your VPN is turned on.
Now that you are connected to a VPN, you will be able to have an IP address coming from ExpressVPN server located in United Kingdom even though you are somewhere else. This could also be done for those who would want to watch and connect to Australia.
By now and through this article, one could tell that a VPN is good and great when and if you are able to access any content in any part of the world. An example of this is being able to access Hulu, Netflix and Pandora even when you are not in the US.
Enjoy watching The Ashes 2019 live online through VPN and see if England will win this series. Do share your thoughts by commenting below.