How to add a VPN to a Kodi Android TV box
Kodi users can take advantage of the security and unblocking capacity of a VPN. In order to enjoy a greater variety of content and enjoy anonymity when you are watching content using Kodi, you can rely on a VPN to change your IP address and location. Since your real IP is disguised, others won’t be able to trace you and by changing your location, a VPN enables you to access content that is blocked in your country due to censorship or geographical restrictions.
What kind of VPN do you need?
It is advisable to look for a VPN provider that has servers in many locations so that you can easily disguise your IP and enjoy a more versatile experience. You will have more options to access entertainment from different countries. In addition, it is important to get a VPN that offers good speeds. This will ensure that you can stream video without dealing with frustrating delays and buffering. Although there are some free VPNs available, they tend to be slow. It is better to opt for a paid service with a solid network that can support your streaming needs. It is also important to note that a free service may not offer strong security and in some cases, it may come with malweare. If you want to keep your privacy protected and prevent eavesdroppers from seeing what you do online, a paid service is a better choice.
There are reliable VPN providers that offer fast service, strong encryption to secure your data and that don’t keep logs of your online activities. The price for a VPN subscription varies, but usually you can expect to pay between $4 to $15 per month. In general, VPNs offer a discount when you extend your subscription so if you pay for a yearly plan, you can save money in the long run. Another benefit of using a paid service is that you get dedicated customer support, which is crucial if you have any urgent questions or need assistance. Some of the VPNs we recommend due to their commitment to security and excellent speeds are ExpressVPN, Private Internet Access, NordVPN and IPVanish.
How to add a VPN to a Kodi Android TV Box
Before getting started, you need to sign up for a VPN service. Altheough the steps may vary slightly from one provider to another, in general, this is what you need to do:
- Download the Android app of the VPN service you selected. Popular options like IPVanish and ExpressVPN have mobile apps that can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
- Click install. You will find the app in the Apps section of the Kodi box once it has been installed.
- Open the app and then select Login.
- Enter your username and password. Sign in.
- You will see a list of servers. You need to select the one that you want to use.
- If you want to access content that is only available in the United States, select a server in the US. Once you choose the server, connect to it. You should see a notification letting you know that the connection has been established. You can test this by going to a website like www.whatismyip.com. If you see a different IP than the one assigned by your ISP and the location is not your real one, you are connected to the VPN and can start enjoying its security and unblock content on your Kodi box.