If you are reading this article, you must be considering shopping or purchasing a new streaming device and you might have in mind the popular ones such as the Amazon FireStick, Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV, Android TV Boxes, etc. You are in luck as we have tried all of these popular streaming devices and we could say confidently that Amazon FireStick is the best. Hence, through this article, we shall feature and give an overview of Fire TV Stick and how it works. This way, it will be easier for you to decide and choose and if you already have one, this article will help you get started.
What is Amazon FireStick?
FireStick is a device that allows you to stream content to your TV through the use of the internet. It is Android based but though that is the case, it is not compatible to Google Play Services. In fact, it uses a modified Android OS and uses Amazon Store. Through the Amazon FireStick, you will be able to stream shows, live TV, movies and many more. This means, you will be able to download numerous apps from the Amazon Store including Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and many more. Aside from that, you could also sideload third party apps too.
What are the different Fire TV devices available?
Here are the following devices that Amazon sells:
Though these devices are a bit similar, depending on your preference, they have some differences in their features. We highly recommend FireStick 4K.
What does FireStick do?
FireStick could stream movies, videos, shows, music, etc. It also allows you to play games and even answer your questions through Alexa. The streaming apps for FireStick could be accessed through Amazon Store or through a sideload third party app. Through it you will be able to get Youtube, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime.
You could also download games on your FireStick. Take note however, you will need to have an Amazon Fire TV game controller to play. This is sold separately on Amazon.
As for Alexa, the voice controlled AI is truly amazing. It will do everything and anything for you. Just push the mic button on the remote and ask it to give you the weather report or open apps or ask to tell you a joke. It will definitely do it for you.
Furthermore, if you have Fire TV Cube, Alexa will be able to control all the smart devices you have at home.
How does FireStick Work?
FireStick is easy to use. In fact, it is pretty straight-forward and its interface is also user-friendly.
Getting Started with FireStick
- Insert batteries in your remote
- Plug your FireStick to your HDMI port on your TV.
- Turn On your TV
- Select HDMI as your source
- Connect FireStick to your power source
- Wait for your FireStick to turn on
Initial FireStick Set Up
While you setup your FireStick, you will need to do the following:
– Ensure that you have a WiFi connection and you are connected to it.
– Sign up with Amazon account. Yes, you will need to tie your FireStick with an Amazon account. If you already have an Amazon account, all you need to do is create a free account via Amazon web. If you have a Prime membership. You could sign in with the same account. This is highly recommended as Prime comes with a bigger collection.
Get your Favorite Apps and Channels from Amazon Store
There are two ways to download from Amazon App Store.
1. Go to search option from the FireStick home. This could be found on the top left corner.
2. Type the name of the app
3. Follow the instructions provided to you on the screen and download the app from the store.
1. On your FireStick home screen, choose apps
2. You will be given three options- Games, Categories and Featured
In the featured section you will find popular apps and channels. While categories allow you to check all the options you have category-wise including Movies & TV, Business, Music & Audio, Communication, News and many more.
3. Once you click a category, you will get a list of channels.
4. Choose a channel or app from Amazon Store
How Does Firestick Work for Free Streaming
Firestick is very popular with cord-cutters as it is capable to stream unlimited content such as shows, movies, documentaries, sports and many more.
As they say, if you want for a device to run its full potential, jailbreak is the way to go. By doing so, you will be able to access numerous free content- movies, live TV, shows and many more.
Though jailbreaking may sound scary and overwhelming, it is really not. It is only called that way as resellers have created this term popular. In fact:
– Jailbreaking does not harm your device
– Jailbreaking does not require technical knowledge
Installing Third- Party APKs
Though you could jailbreak to install popular apps, there are other third party APKs which you could install on your device.
1. Is there a monthly fee for Fire Stick?
No you do not have to pay monthly fee with Amazon Fire TV Stick. All you need to do is purchase the device and start enjoying streaming.
2. Does Amazon Fire Stick need an Internet connection?
Yes, you will need to have a good internet connection for you to be able to use and make your Fire TV Stick work.
3. What channels are free with Fire Stick?
There are hundreds of channels you could choose from for free. There are some which are also offered for a fee.
4. Do I need a VPN for Firestick?
No you do not need a VPN for your Firestick to work. However, we highly recommend you use one for you to ensure that your connection is kept private and secured. You can check our guide on how to install Cyberghost on Firestick
So that is how FireStick works. We hope that through this article and guide, we were able to help you set up and get started with your FireStick device.